From the Desk of Matt Slick, President
- Philippines Trip - The Philippines trip is next week. I leave on the 20th and get back on March 15th. First of all, thanks to everyone who has contributed to supporting this trip. Really, we appreciate the generosity that's been poured out so much. Second, pray that the Lord will be glorified as we speak in prisons, an orphanage, a seminary, and numerous churches, etc. Please pray that He will be glorified through us...and that God will speak to us as well. Also, I plan to be uploading pictures to Dropbox when I can so updates can be provided on Facebook and Twitter.
- Last Weekend - Ken and Giancarlo came to my place last weekend to discuss CARM growth and the integration of some sophisticated new software that we will be working into the new CARM release. We are going to, hopefully, have the new site released in a couple of months (after it is fixed from the debacle produced by the first web company), and with it a whole bunch of new totally cool features. So bear with us as we get closer and closer (yes I know I've said that before), to the new CARM release.
- Researchers - As CARM grows and the need for information increases, it is absolutely impossible for me to keep up with it all. We are going to have researchers and writers do more and more of the writing on CARM. In line with that, we will be developing a new form for researchers to fill out. It will not be an easy questionnaire and it will also have an option for submitting an example of their writing for review. As it stands right now I have over 5000 emails in two accounts. There's just no way I can do it all. More on this later with the new site release.
- Israel Trip - We are heading to Israel next year for a Bible lands tour. I did it last year and was thoroughly satisfied with how great the trip was. We went to the seven churches of revelation in Turkey, a surprisingly pleasant extension. When we got to Israel, we had the great privilege of seeing so many of the things that are mentioned in the Bible. I am most definitely looking forward to going back. If you'd like to join us, just go to
http://carm.org/2015-israel-tour. It is an awesome trip.
- Got suggestions? - Do you have any suggestions for CARM? We want to know what you think. Please help us out by emailing us at email@example.com to submit suggestions. Now is the time since we are in the redesign process of CARM and, as we make plans, we want to improve in areas which will matter to CARM's readers.