- Newsletter delay due to broken program - While in the process of developing CARM and making it more secure, we moved a lot of files from one server to another server. The newsletter program, for some unknown reason, failed to transfer properly. After several weeks of work, we have retrieved the database of emails and are now able to send the newsletter out again. The last one we sent was back in February. My apologies for the delay.
- Bible Lands Tour - As many of you know, I recently went to Turkey and Israel. We saw the locations of the seven churches of the book of Revelation in Turkey, Ephesus, Laodicea, Pergamum, Philadelphia, Sardis, Smyrna, and Thyatira. We then flew to Israel and spent a week going through sites such as Bethlehem, Capernaum, Caesarea, Chorazim, Dan, the Dead Sea, Galilee, the Gaza Strip, Gethsemane, Golgotha, Herod's summer palace, Jacob's well (John 4), Jericho, Jerusalem, the Jordan River, Masada, Megiddo, the Mount of Olives, Palestine, Qumran, and the West Bank. Our tour guides were excellent and we were exposed not only to the sites, but also a rich history as each one explained interesting information at each site. It was a great trip.
Now, when I read about the Sea of Galilee, I know what it looks like. When I think of Abraham, I remember the gate in the city of Dan through which he walked. I floated in the Dead Sea, walked in Masada, saw the room where they let down the paralytic through the roof and Jesus healed him. I drank from the same well where Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman in John 4. I saw Golgotha, as well as the hillside where Judas hung himself. When I think of Armageddon I can now see the vast valley of Megiddo and I understand how the armies of the world will be able to fit in that huge valley. The trip was great, was far more than I expected, and I would love to go again. :) I hope to put pictures on CARM about some of the places we went to and will let you know about it in a later newsletter.
We are planning a tour to Italy in the fall of 2014 in order to see more of the sites that relate to Scripture. If you're interested in going, then check out http://www.theapologeticsstudybibletour.com/.
- Life has been busy - When I got back from Israel things became rather hectic. I developed a huge head cold and cough that lasted four weeks - that was NOT fun. My youngest daughter had surgery to correct a rib cage problem which was causing one of her lungs to not inflate properly. She was in the hospital for six days and we had to keep vigil. She was in a lot of pain. My car suddenly needed $600 in repairs. I had to prepare for the conference in Portland (explained below), and while I was there, at the end of the conference (Saturday evening) I got an emergency phone call from my wife. Her brother, Ray, had just been lifeflighted to a hospital. His aorta dissected (a 6" rip). On the way into surgery the doctor told his daughter to say goodbye to her father because he probably would not survive. Miraculously, he did. I had to leave Portland and drive through the night back to Boise (400 miles) and then on one and a half hours sleep, drive another 350 miles to Salt Lake City and meet my wife at the hospital. The next day I had to drive home. Ray has a special needs son and a wife who had a stroke two years ago and is disabled. As you can imagine, the situation is dire. To make things worse, Ray and his family are not Christians. Please pray for their salvation.
- CARM Conference in Newberg, Oregon - CARM hosted a conference in Newberg, Oregon, a suburb of Portland, on April 5-6. It went very well. Tony Miano (Open Air Preacher) and Greg Harris also spoke (he is an expert on homeschooling). We did training on how to evangelize, and went out and did street preaching. We had an opportunity at the end of the conference to sit around the church and answer questions. The feedback was that people enjoyed it very much. Overall, the event was a success.
- Radio Show in Salt Lake City - As I mentioned before, we were hoping to expand the CARM radio show in the Salt Lake City area. However, we've not been able to raise the funds in order to have the budget met. We are still working on this and it is slow going. If you want to contribute to the radio show please go to https://school.carm.org/amember/signup.php and signup for $5 or more a month. Thanks.
- CARM Redesign - The CARM redesign is well under way. We have a preliminary new look, more modernized. The navigation system and layout will remain the same, so there's no new learning curve. However, we are adding new features like member log in, favorites, recommended pages option, the ability to see everything you've ordered, the total of contributions, forums integration, Facebook integration, Amazon store integration, etc. It is a huge endeavor and we are in constant contact with the company doing the redesign.
- CARM APP For Phones - The CARM Phone APP is out, but only for the Android. Apple has rejected it. Here is what they said: "We found that your app contains content that is defamatory or offensive that would be considered objectionable by many audiences, which is not in compliance with the app store review guidelines...We also found your app contains defamatory or offensive content targeted at a specific group, which is not in compliance with the app store review guidelines."
So there you have it. The left leaning folks at Apple apparently don't like that CARM says homosexuality is a sin, that Mormonism is a cult, that Islam is bad. Heck, I guess we aren't supposed to offend anyone and we aren't allowed to analyze a group and provide an opinion, even when that opinion is objective, well researched, and informative. But hey, Apple can do what it wants. So can I. I won't be buying any Apple products, and I won't be supporting it. Thank you Android!
But, you know something? I wonder how much longer CARM will be legal. I occasionally talk to my friends about CARM's future and comment that I can do what I can, only while it is still legal. Who knows what will happen. I suspect that the homosexual agenda and the atheist movement will continue to push the edges of decency towards darkness, and will proclaim good which is bad and bad which is really good.
I want to develop a Facebook page and/or website presence and document the hypocrisy of Apple. There are Apple apps that support Islam (which is filled with hate). I've seen pro atheism apps that attack Christianity. I'm sure there are more. If you know of any, let me know at email@example.com. Thanks.
- My son had a conversation with a student from his on-line class. My son is 13 yrs old and a girl was speaking about her Wicca beliefs. He asked me what was Wicca. I found your ministry and was able to read to him from your research and showed him how it compared with his Christian faith. He saw that Wicca was not compatible with his Christianity. Your ministry is so relevant in a culture that continues to be bombarded with deceptive voices calling out to them, enticing them down the wrong path. I love what you do to support biblical thinking in the church.
- I love Carm:) Just wanted to say that I enjoy your ministry:) J.
- I just want to thank the CARM team and Matt Slick for assisting me in, well, crushing the argument of several Catholics! Thanks guys! God Bless!
- I wanted to say thank you for all the very informative information on your site. I was intrigued by the concept of predestination as I listened to a sermon. I started searching and ended up at your site. I am finding your site to be my key place to get a better understand. Everything you have created there is very straight forward and easy to understand. A lot of other places seem to try to make it as wordy as possible, that really doesn't do anyone any good. Thank you again, your time and effort are greatly appreciated.
- Hello, I understand that you are trying to inform people of what you believe and do the right thing. However I see that your information on other religions is misinterpreted, inaccurate, and in some cases completely false. In reading your page on Mormons I was flabbergasted by the false hood of almost everything you claimed they believed. I feel that this discredits your website and it is in the best interest of you and your viewers to make sure your information is properly interpreted or even true. Thank You
- Not interested in your ministry, and the citations in that article are not supportive of the subject matters and the article has nothing to do with what Peter, Paul and the living Christ stood for in their days on Earth. Jesus Christ message was love, not condemnation, to teach others. I will not waste another moment on you, however be warned, judging others is a certain path to exemption to the Kingdom of Heaven. The body of Christ is the only church, teach people love in aspects of the word Agape, or keep your mouth shut. Do not contact me again.