- ABNSAT.COM - Over the weekend, I went to Detroit, Michigan, and was on abnsat.com, a satellite TV based ministry that reaches out to Muslims and people of Middle Eastern descent who live here in the United States and in Canada. The viewership is probably in the hundreds of thousands.
Another Christian apologist named David Wood was there. He and I did three sessions of satellite TV for a total of about seven hours of taping. The topic was, of all things, atheism. Apparently they have been getting requests from their viewers to discuss the issue of atheism. Hence, they found the CARM website and asked if I would come on out.
ABNSAT is a great group of people who are able to connect with middle Easterners who are transplanted to America. They do shows in both English and Arabic. Anyway, if you're interested in checking them out, you have the web address.
- Writers and Researchers - CARM needs your help! We have hundreds of questions about cult groups and various issues but neither Ryan nor myself has the time to do all the research and writing. Therefore, CARM is looking for Writers and Researchers. This would be voluntary, unpaid.
- Writers - Writers would need to have a bachelors or higher in a theological degree. You'd be interviewed and if you pass, you'd obtain a bio page on CARM, be instructed on how to write the "CARM way", shown how to put articles on the site as you being the author. Think you've got what it takes? If so, here's a small test. 1. How many natures does Jesus have? 2. Is Jesus a man right now? 3. What is imputation? 4. What is the difference between justification and sanctification? Can you describe what the substitutionary atonement accomplished? If you don't know these things, you're probably not up to the level you need to be at for CARM. But, if you know these answers, then please pray about working with CARM and afterwards, if you still desire to do this, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One more thing, you would need to agree to the CARM statement of Faith.
- Researchers - We are looking for individuals who would be interested in doing research projects for CARM. This would be a volunteer position. Your responsibilities would be to research and document information on various topics. You do not need to have a theological degree, but that would help. Your research would have to be well documented and, of course, we would verify your efforts until we are satisfied that we can trust your research and then we would simply adopt it as we write articles. You would work with myself, Ryan, and any potential writers for the CARM ministry. if you are interested, please pray about working with CARM and if you still desire to do this, contact us at email@example.com.
- Editors for Schools - We need this ASAP. We have three online schools that are also in spiral-bound form. However, there are occasional typos in them. We are looking for some volunteers who can go through the schools (one or all) and edit them. This would entail receiving a Word document that you would keep on your computer (and promise not to distribute), that you would read, and to which you would make corrections. You would then send the document back to us. We need this quickly as another, big project is waiting on this. If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salespeople - We are planning to hire salespeople, commission only, to go to churches and present the CARM online schools -- in book form. If you are seriously interested, please contact Ken at email@example.com. Again, only serious inquiries, please.
- Question about newsletter - Do you prefer the newsletter in this format or another? Would you prefer to get an email that links to the newsletter ON the CARM site or would you prefer to have it delivered via email? Please give us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computers - CARM is always looking for spare computers. Since I was a computer tech for five years, fixing and building them is easy and enjoyable. If you have a spare computer you would like to donate to CARM, please let us know (email@example.com). We can give you a tax receipt if you need it.
I work out at a local gym. The owner is Christian and is gym is a great place of ministry. In fact, this owner gives people a lot of breaks -- and people have taken advantage of him. In fact, one guy was supposed to install a security system at the gym, took about 2 Grand for payment, did half the work and hasn't been back since. Jay is trying to be as patient as he can. Anyway, Jay has an ancient computer that is incredibly slow. I bought him a monitor because the old one was faded and had bad colors in it. Does anyone have a computer they'd like to donate? I can clean it up and give it to him.
If you just have a computer (or parts) you'd like to donate to CARM, we'd love to have them. I keep the office running with spare systems and occasionally when someone with low income needs a system, I set one up for them.
If you're interested, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.&. Thanks.
- New Laptop Needed - I use a laptop at the radio station for research, Bible programs, etc., while I'm on the air. One of the other uses is to feed video of the show to ustream.tv so that people can watch it live and also watch it later since ustream.tv can record it for later showing. The Laptop is about three or four years old and has been working fine until a couple weeks ago when the sound feed on it started going bad. It still works; it's just poor quality, raspy, a little noisy, and I can't make it better (and I was a computer tech for five years). So, I'm putting the word out to see if anyone would like to contribute towards a new laptop for CARM. After some research it seems that decent ones are about $600-$1000. A new laptop would have to be able to run two web browsers, a bible program, and also feed to ustream.tv. So, it can't be the cheapest one out there. If anyone is interested in contributing towards a laptop, please let me know at email@example.com. Thanks.
- Facebook Like Button - If you go to the CARM website, and go to the bottom of the articles, you will notice a Facebook "like" button. If you see some articles that you particularly enjoy, and you have a Facebook account, you can click on the button at the bottom of the article. It will help with increasing CARM's popularity.
- The Garden Novel - Finally! I released the Garden Novel. It has been a huge labor or love and finally its out. If you like Christian fiction, then take a look. Here's what its about. "Mark is in his garden, grieving and depressed over the unexplained death of his son and without knowing it, is almost coaxed by a demon into committing suicide. But, at the last moment Sotare, an angel, rescues him and is later permitted to appear to Mark in the Garden. The two dialogue about God, life, death, good, evil, the spiritual realm, and the nature of truth. However, all is not well. The demons are watching and powerful evil forces are sent to kill and destroy those who are close to Mark and those who are praying for him. As Sotare teaches Mark, he is given answers to his questions -- but they do not come easily. He must face his greatest challenge in order to learn his greatest lesson. The battle over Mark unfolds in both the spiritual and physical worlds as angels are sent to battle against the evil forces that are seeking to destroy. True victory is never easy."
So, if it sounds interesting, check it out at http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-garden/10290484. We plan to release it on Amazon in the near future.
Here is what people are saying about it:
- Hey, Matt! I loved The Garden. I wept on the last chapter. I loved the various visions. I only wish my 11-year-old daughter could read this book but it would be too scary for her right now. My wife will read it next. I'll probably buy another copy to have a loaner.
- I finished reading “The Garden” Monday night. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a smooth page-turner for me. I started it Sat night and finished Mon night.
- I really liked The Garden. It was written very tastefully and the truth was evident. Thank you for putting in all this work and prayer and time.
Same as Last Newsletter
From Ryan Turner
- Evangelism on Campus - A few weeks ago I went out to a local campus here in Charlotte, NC to do some more evangelism. My friend and I had a quite interesting conversation with three young men (Anicet, Eddy, and Gordy) from Africa. Two of the three guys were Catholic (Eddy and Gordy). My friend and I shared the Law and the Gospel with these men and they were quite receptive and interested. I was actually quite relieved to not have to use apologetics in this conversation since these guys were captivated by what we were saying. They sincerely thanked us for sharing the Gospel with them. We left them each with a solid Gospel tract from www.evantell.org and encouraged them to place their trust in Christ. I hope and pray that they each place their trust in Christ alone for their salvation.
- Spanish Update - Our Spanish website (www.miapic.com) is continuing to grow in content and number of visitors per day. We are now starting to see around 750 to 800 unique visitors per day. Please pray that the Lord will raise up funding, volunteers, and prayer warriors to support this valuable ministry. Carlos Garbiras, our translator, is busily translating the CARM Online School of Theology into Spanish. We should have that released in a few months.
Love and Hate Mail
- Hi there! I just wanted to tell you how excited I am to have found your site! I have always wanted to know exactly what the significance was of Jesus being referred to as “the firstborn.” I knew He was not born as He is the Creator, but did not know how to reconcile this personally nor how to present its true significance to a Jehovah's Witness. But your explanation was so concrete, so completely Biblical (I now also understand what letting Scripture explain Scripture means! Woo hoo! This has been a very "revelational" night for me as a Christian!) and so easily understood! Thank you so much for following the call of Christ upon your lives...you are educating believers and thereby equipping us to fight the good fight and to bring the unchanging truth to a lost world.
- I just wanted to write and tell you thank you for your site and the documentation that you offer on your website. I live in St. George, Utah and was reciently asked by some fellow coworkers why there is so much opposition against the Mormon Church when they are basically alike and that they are also Christians. I quickly said a prayer asking for the Lord to provide me with the correct answers. The conversation between myself and this girl have gone on for two days. I was telling her what we as Christians believe and what the Mormons believe. I think the funniest thing is that the Mormons get upset when you say families aren't forever and that there is either heaven or hell and not three kingdoms of heaven. I find it very hard for myself to wrap my mind around their beliefs because it is so off the wall and bazaar. I just can't believe that they have so many members that believe all the lies and that they don't actually investigate there beliefs to prove the validity of it all. Again I just want to thank you for providing the information and doing the research and posting on your site for others to use as a tool. Jessica
- Just wanted to comment that I LOVE YOUR SITE! Thank you so much for doing what you do and taking the time to reach others! This is truly amazing. I have notes on notes going, and have been on your site for about two hours. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! God Bless, Allison
- CARM, I thank God for your ministry and for those who like you are reaching out in love to Roman Catholics with the truth of God's Word….May God continue to bless your ministry, Marlene
- are you sure that what you're talking about other religion is true and correct? you are just basing it on what you have read and heard. you matt slick is just like Ely Soriano here in the philippines.. if other religions have false doctrines what makes you think that you know it all? you feel like you have the right to write about the other religions. why dont you write here whats wrong about CARM! you cant possibly do that dont you? because you are afraid that you are far worst!! if other doctrines of other religions are form the devil, well in your case YOU and CARM are from the devil! because it is not the work of God to criticize others and lie about them! Krizie
- You christians are so dumb, too believe GOD made earth, do you even know what GOD is??? MALE/FEMALE/SHEMALE you just dont know, and your answers are kind of rediculious, reason being, you dont know the answers too my questions... yeah mans carbon filing is infallible, so is every other man/female, including YOU... My point being is.. if GOD is any type of matter, animal, person, mammal, anything, something had to make it, it don't just show up out of no-where, use your head.. or does the BIBLE influence you that you have no brains too believe about cells and living organisms???? Rob
- Your site is VERY deceptive. You are at the least sneeky, slimy, like a snake. God Bless, Susan