by Matt Slick
- Apologies for Newsletter Delay - I apologize for the long delay between newsletters. It is an out-of-site-out-of-mind kind of thing. That, combined with being busy, writing verse articles, etc., means that I overlooked it.
- Radio Show Name Change - Some of you may not be aware of it, but we changed the name of the radio show to "Matt Slick Live". I was a bit hesitant about changing the name to "my name" but I was told my radio expert that is a good move because my name happens to be perfect for radio. Also, we moved the radio show from 5pm, MST, to 3pm MST. It's also now on the FM station and has a much broader reach. The same show is rebroadcast on the AM station at the old time of 5pm MST. You can listen over the internet if you're not in the area. Just go to...
- 3-4 PM, FM http://webcast1.fiberpipe.tv/channels/ifr/kbxl-All_Rights_Reserved.wax
- AM REBROADCAST: http://webcast1.fiberpipe.tv/channels/ifr/kspd-All_Rights_Reserved.wax
- Also, we will be polishing the show. I've hired a radio consultant and we will be implementing some changes to make the show more marketable.
- Is water baptism necessary for salvation? - I was scheduled for a public debate in Bellflower, California (that's in L.A. County), on whether or not water baptism is necessary for salvation. It was supposed to happen on June 15. My opponent backed out. So, instead of having a debate, I will instead give a presentation on why water baptism is not necessary for salvation and then I will answer questions. It should be interesting because some of the people who attend the church where the event will happen have been going to the various colleges and passing out literature inviting the Church of Christ people (they teach that water baptism is essential for salvation) to attend the presentation. Hopefully, it will be very productive.
It will be a Bethel Baptist Church, 17909 Carpintero Ave, Bellflower, CA 90706, Jude 15th, at 6PM
- Video Shooting -Cameras, lights, action! - we have decided on a location at a local church where we will convert an area to a soundproof video shooting room. Soon, I will be buying several cameras, lighting equipment, etc. so that we can have a place to produce more YouTube videos, longer videos for distribution, and even video schools. We are hoping to produce a lot of video information on Islam, Mormonism, Roman Catholicism, and of course, Christian theology. Please keep us in prayer as we move towards expanding the kingdom of God.
- Facebook Likes - CARM has almost 15,500 Facebook likes. This is good, real good. As the Internet grows and technology increases, the more we are intertwined with other technologies the better our ranking will be in search engines. So, if you haven't already, please go to the carm.org homepage and click on the Facebook like button.
- Manti Mormon Miracle Pageant - in the last week of June, I will be down in Utah at the Manti Mormon miracle pageant. it is a yearly presentation by the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints where they live production reenactment of the origins of Mormonism is recounted. Thousands upon thousands of Mormons show up for this. But, hundreds of Christians from all over also appear in an attempt to witness to those lost in Mormonism. Please pray for us when we attend.
- New CARM Look Coming - we are in the process of redesigning the current website. I have hired a company to do this. Hopefully, it will be cleaner, have the same navigation system, and also include some new bells and whistles. So, just be ready for it when it happens.
- Marriage Seminar - For the past several years I have been doing marriage counseling with a lot of Christian couples. I've been entertaining the idea of producing a marriage seminar where the biblical basis for covenantal marriage is laid out along with the responsibilities of the husband and wife in marriage. I'm still thinking about it. After all, I'm a theologian on a marriage counselor. But, it is obvious that more and more people need to know what the Bible really says about marriage and how to heal problems with in it. So, if the Lord put it up on your heart to pray about this, please do. I'll be praying about it as well.
- Thank You for Your Support - I want to thank all of you who have been supporting caramel over the years. This ministry is growing, we are constantly looking for new avenues to reach out. Your financial support along with your prayer support have made a huge difference in how far and how well this ministry is able to reach out to others. In fact, I was doing so well that we are now regularly averaging over 50,000 page views per day. Praise Godd.
Love and Hate Mail
- Just to say "Thank you!" for the article on "Justification and Sanctification" - Awesome! Well done!
- Dear Matt and the rest of the CARM team, Thank you so much for running a site like this. It's a great source of questions especially for Christians like me who are interested in apologetics but find it hard to converse with laymen who are often more adept at debating topics about religion and other secular issues. The world is changing, and it's getting very difficult to become a brave Christian because chances are you'll be labeled as an ignorant, narrow-minded, bigot. Thank you for carm.org. I gives us hope, and it reinforces that fact that God's word can be explained in a logical way. Thank you once again and we continue to pray for strength, wisdom, humility and faithfulness in The One True Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Hello Matt Slick and CARM people, I've been enjoying the podcast and the teachings on the CARM website. Thank you for all your hard work. I found your website about a week ago after I was questioned about my belief in the trinity by a Jehovah's Witness. I think God was giving me a push telling me I need to research and be prepared to defend my faith. The Jehovah's Witnesses and other religions are really targeting foreigners like myself. Your discussions really challenge my beliefs and encourage me to stretch my faith. Thanks and keep up the good work!
- Boy your criteria for finding a church are very rigid, judgmental, and no informed by historical theology. So I guess that only you and your small coterie of people are the only ones on earth who are saved!
- A staggering number of people have been taught that a select few Christians will spend forever in a peaceful, joyous place called heaven, while the rest of humanity spends forever in torment and punishment in hell with no chance for anything better. It's been clearly communicated to many that this belief is a central truth of the Christian faith and to reject it is, in essence, to reject Jesus. This is misguided and toxic and ultimately subverts the contagious spread of Jesus's message of love, peace, forgiveness, and joy that our world desperately needs to hear.
- Science amrches on and dicovers even more and therefore your primodial stuff will be able to withstand the attack of reason/ No?