- Thanks and apologies - I want to thank all of you who are supporting CARM by reading this newsletter, praying for CARM, and supporting us financially. I do not take the time out frequently enough to say thanks. But I do thank you.
The apology is for how infrequently the newsletter gets sent out. It takes time to produce it, edit it, and send it and I get so involved with other projects that I very often forget and/or don't have time to do it. I'll try to be more regular.
If you have any suggestions for the newsletter I would love to hear them. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theology Course - I just spent about 70 hours producing a basic Christian theology course which I will begin teaching on September 15, 2010. I produced a manual that is about 80 pages long, and have almost finished the PowerPoint presentation. Were going to videotape it as well and, hopefully, produce a teaching course that can be taught in various churches. If you want to see what a few the pages of the manual will look like, check them out here.
- Roman Catholicism Course - While I'm teaching the theology course I will be preparing a similar course on Roman Catholicism. This will probably take me about two months to complete and I hope to produce the same type of PowerPoint presentation, manual, and video for that course as well. We'll see how it goes.
- Family Teaching Course - While working in the Roman Catholicism course, I plan to pick up the Family Teaching Course and continue with it. For those of you who have been patiently waiting, I would appreciate that you lift me up in prayer as I seek to accomplish this worthwhile task.
- Computer Parts and Amazon Wish List - if you are interested in supporting the CARM ministry would you please consider helping out with the CARM Amazon Wish List. I have listed some computer parts there that people can purchase and send to CARM. We already have about half of what we need to build a new system.
Why do I need a new system? I work about 60 hours a week in front of my computer. I have two 24" inch LCD monitors in which I have opened a minimum of 10 Windows -- all the time. I have Outlook, Internet Explorer (with 8 tabs open), Firefox (with 10 tabs open), one of three Bible programs open, Word, Excel, a Web editing program, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Skype, notepad, file explorer, and an FTP program open right now. My system, which is 32 bit, could only use a maximum of 3 1/2 GB of RAM. In order to exceed that I need to go to 64-bit. But, if I'm going to do that, I might as well build a new system and use the existing one I have is a backup.
Recently a friend of mine who is a computer programmer and has a similar setup, was surprised at how much I push the computer. I was showing him how I will use a speech program (like I am doing to dictate this newsletter) research with Internet Explorer, edit the CARM site with Firefox, write articles in expression web (then transfer them to CARM via Firefox), use the FTP program to upload graphics, use Excel to keep track of the numerous websites passwords, URLs, domain names, etc., use Outlook for categorizing e-mails sent in with useful information (and I have hundreds of folders in Outlook mail), answer emails in the carm email account, use word in writing the Family Training Course, the Teaching Course on Christian theology, etc. and use PowerPoint to convert information into slides for presentations. I go back and forth between these programs frequently for at several hours every day. He said he was surprised at how much I have open on the screens and how much I work I do. So, I'm just letting you know that I really do use the system a great deal and need a faster one to handle all the newest software (office 2010, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11, latest Bible research program, etc.). So, again, please consider supporting the purchase of the computer parts. Thanks.
- Local Pastor Still Needs a Computer: in a local church pastor/friend of mine is allowing me to use his facility, free of charge, to teach a Bible study every other Friday nights on the book of Romans. In addition, he's asked me to fill in for him for a while on Wednesday nights at his midweek Bible study. I just finished a series on Mormonism. Starting in two weeks, I will begin a series on basic Christian doctrine with PowerPoint slides, and workbook. After that I will produce a series on Roman Catholicism to be videotaped, have PowerPoint slides, and also workbook. His church is rather small and like many churches in the country, is struggling financially. He doesn't complain and he trusts God but I found out that his computer is ancient it takes about 10 minutes to boot up. So, if anyone out there has a spare computer they like to donate, please let me know at email@example.com. I could clean it up and give it to the pastor. Thanks.
Love and Hate Mail
- Reading some of your dialogues. I am very impressed with your site. I am learning about apologetics and found your site. Looked around at differing things but got hung up on the dialogues.
- I am glad the Lord has you to just 'hang in there' with these folks who refuse the truth or try to sway you. As the '2nd witness to the Revelation' said.... LOL. You can really see (and feel) Satan's, or his angels, presence in many of these people while they talk with you. How can one deny his own existence. Wow! So very sad. God HAS blessed you & your work, but I'll say it anyway. God Bless you, Dee
- I am an atheist. I stumbled upon your site expecting to be told how evil and immoral I am, and how I was destroying the world, on and on. However, I found the exact opposite. This surprised me to no end- It was actually enjoyable to read, no matter how much I disagreed with the subject matter or the points being made. This site did something different, it respectful attacked atheism. It is sites like this one that will help increase relations between atheists and theists.
- Hey, i'm just sending this email to say thanks a bunch for your ministry here on Carm. I've been using the site for a while now and I have found it very useful indeed, plus I love the chat room and forums they are a great place to learn about other peoples views, and give simple people like me a chance to defend the Truth. Oh and i just signed up for all three schools on Carm, they look fantastic - I can't wait to plough my way through them. They should be really useful for me, as i'll be going to university in a few weeks to study for a BA in Welsh and then an MA in Welsh History, but after that I intend, to study for the masters in Theology at "WEST" in our local theology college in Wales. So thanks for your website and schools, since they'll help me defend the Truth at university and prepare me for Theology college. So thanks very much for what you have provided here on Carm, you are truly defenders of the Truth, and I pray that God will bless your service. By the way, I love your radio show, though I do have to stay up untill 12:00 midnight here in Wales (Cymru) to watch it.
- I was just looking at your site and just wanted to say how good i thought it was. I looked at the women elders page and also a section on baptism and i thought they were dealt with very well. Keep up the good work.
- Why do you lie about the Qur'an? The Qur'an says that Jesus is the Messiah (the only one). It repeatedly calls him the Son of God. In fact, there's nothing in the Qur'an to refute that Jesus was the Son of God, if anything, the Qur'an says he was.
- The error is you trying to find fault with other religions or people. Just like that Pastor Jones from Florida who wanted to burn the Koran. Just like any politicians who promotes negativity by putting all the other parties down for self edification. A word of advice If you are truly a Christian. Love one another by this I shall know that you are my disciples if you have love one for another. When comes judgement day there is only One who will decided how you have done with your mission on earth and it's the God of Heaven, not you . you may have an opinion but you are not a judge of any men or women. Only God can decided of that. When a man or woman finds fault with other look in you own eye at the beam that is swelling until you can't see the truth. Brother beware brother beware
- All of our information on this website is erroneous and biased. How could anyone trust what you have to say and your own scriptural interpretations condemning anyone and everyone but yourself.
- Your view on the Jehovah's Witness religion is untrue. You obviously don't take into account the bibles teachings that the JWs profess to believe in fully.