From Matt Slick, President
- CARM Redesign - For weeks now I've been talking about the CARM redesign. Every time we get within an inch of releasing it, we get pushed back a foot. We are not satisfied with the company we hired to do the job and our relationship has deteriorated. In my opinion, they bit off more than they could chew. Though most of their work is fine, there is a final critical issue that is problematic. In search engine optimization (for Google searches), we want to make sure that our underlying web page code for the site is beneficial and not harmful for search engine inquiries from people. We may now have to hire a third party in order to clean up the code, but this may not happen for a while because of our current finances. So, for now, the redesign might be on hold. It is disappointing, but 95% of what we need is in place.
- CARM Finances - If you have not yet supported CARM financially, would you please consider doing so now? In the past three months donations have gone down and we have also been hit with so many government related bills, taxes, payments to a company for doing specialized 501(c)(3) tax returns, retainers, etc., that we're critically low on funds. We are done, we believe, with all the IRS surprises, but at the present state we will have to cut back people's salaries, mine included. So, if you can help us, please go to www.carm.org/donate. Thanks.
- Radio Show - I feel rather awkward having just mentioned our financial crisis and now I'm mentioning that we have expanded the radio show into the Salt Lake City, Utah area. We decided to go ahead with this because it has been in the works for quite a while and two radio stations had to make financial commitments in order for my show to move forward. The radio station that hosts my show has invested about $15,000 in equipment, and they are only adding $100 a month to the show cost of our radio show. In addition, a radio station in Salt Lake City has spent weeks moving shows around to make room for my live show, not to mention the parent company's investment of hardware as well (they really like my show). Well, the commitment for all of this was before we got financially hit in the past few months. Thankfully, we do have enough money raised to support our present show here in Boise. That is why months ago, the CARM Board of Directors approved taking the allotted funds for Boise's radio station payment and applying it to the one in Salt Lake City. This is why we're moving ahead with the SLC market. It is, after all, an evangelistic and equipping outreach that helps the body of Christ and reaches out to the unsaved in the 2 million population center of the Salt Lake City Valley. We can only hope that God will continue to provide for this outreach.
The radio show is called Matt Slick Live. I'm not fond of that name, but "Radio People" say it is great because it sounds so radio-ish. Anyway, the show is now on live at KUTR, AM 820 in SLC at the same time as my show here in Boise, 5PM EST, 3PM MST.
- Nor Cal Fire - On Sept. 20th and 21st I spoke at the NorCal Fire Conference at The Home Church in Campbell, CA (near San Jose). The turnout was great and the conference was a success. I spoke on "The Importance of Getting Christianity Right," and then on Saturday I gave the last talk with "Addressing Atheism." It was awesome. Loved doing it. The next day I was privileged to preach at a local church. Praise God.
- Got suggestions? - Do you have any suggestions for CARM? We want to know what you think. Please help us out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit suggestions. Now is the time since we are in the redesign process of CARM, and as we make plans we want to improve in areas which will matter to CARM's readers.
- Amazon connection - We will be moving most, if not all, of our publication projects with CARM to Amazon. We have a publishing house there (Biblical Press) so that all we have to do is get books formatted and converted and they can be purchased anywhere, anytime. Isn't the internet great?
LOVE AND HATE MAIL
- Just want to you guys to know that your ministry is really helping people to Christ. I am a follower of Christ from Hindu/new age background and your website helped me a lot with my initial struggles. Thank you.
- Dear Matt, I write a blog which addresses issues of spiritual abuse in the church. A reader pointed out your website to me with a link about a particular cultic organization--The Christian Family Fellowship. You did a great job exposing the group and pointing out biblically what was wrong with it and why they are heterodox. As the former member of a Bible-cult for 25 years, a graduate of Dallas Seminary, and an active blogger on discernment issues, I just wanted to thank you for the work your group is doing. Keep it up!
- I love your article on purgatory. I was trying to explain to a friend that purgatory is not biblical and your article not only convinced her but confirmed my beliefs and removed any doubts I may have had. Thank you! I am so glad I found your website.
- Jesus provided the criterion for telling if a teaching was holy or not. He said "By their fruits ye shall know them." He said that a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, nor an evil tree good fruit. By 'fruit' he meant the results of a teaching in people's lives. When you deny this criterion and say 'so what?' to the positive effects of Wiccan teaching, you are insulting your own Founder. In fact, you are confessing yourself a Pharisee and no Christian.
- It always warms my heart whenever I see Bible thumping evangelicals worship deadly poisonous snakes! How many snakes do you own?
- you are an idiot
- JUST WHERE IN THE WORLD DID YOU GET ALL OF THIS FALSE INFORMATION? YOU HAVENT DONE MUCH RESEARCH OR YOU WOULD KNOW THAT EVERYTHING THAT YOU PRINTED ON THAT WEBSIRE IS A TOTAL LIE EVERY SINGLE WORD OF IT