From Matt Slick, President
- Merry Christmas to everyone! Christmas is a great time of the year. Unfortunately, some people think it is about shoving their way into a store, shooting people over shoes, punching others, swiping products from someone's cart, pushing through an isle, and demanding the best price. However, Christians know what it is about: the birth of the Savior.
I had the pleasure of preaching on Christmas morning. The sermon was from Isaiah 9:6, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders. And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” With the birth of Jesus, the infinitely powerful and majestic creator became a baby that could be held in his mother's arms. The humble submission of The Word to both God the Father and his earthly parents is what lead to the crucifixion where our sins were atoned for. Praise be to the Lord God for His incredible gift of The Son.
- Happy New Year! We, at CARM, pray for you and yours to have a blessed New Year that will bring you into an even closer relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus!
- Need three beta testers for the Family Training Course: I've begun working on the family training course again and I am looking for three beta testers. The first three to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org will be picked....but you need to have kids and be willing to give me feedback.
- JW Research CD: Does anyone have access to the latest Jehovah's Witness CD/DVD? I'm trying to get a hold of one. My most current copy is 2001. Thanks.
- CARM Office 2012? There is so much to do at CARM that there is no possible way I can keep up with it. For example, I just checked the CARM email account. There is a total of 977 unanswered emails! We need an office and staff. Perhaps, by God's grace, 2012 will be the year we can get both. We need both financial and prayer support. Please pray about this as there is such a great need to provide the body of Christ with good biblical information, exposure of false religious systems, answers to secular challenges, provision for family teaching, videos and books, etc. The only thing holding us back is the finances. At the present rate of return visitors on a daily basis, if just ONE in 1000 people that visited carm were to sign up for a five dollar month donation it would only take about three months to be able to afford an office and three staff members. Please pray to see if this might be something the Lord would be calling you to participate in with us.
- January Apologetics Conference - In early January I will be teaching a four-day seminar on apologetics, thinking, logic, doctrine, etc., here in the Boise, Idaho area. A local church is letting us use their facility in which to meet. Several people are flying in. I'm not charging for this because I want to use it as a framework for developing apologetics seminar course work for churches. Please pray for this outreach.