by Matt Slick
It seems unlikely that anyone who claims to be a Christian would ever support abortion. After all, the teachings of Christianity include protecting the innocent and the weak. Christians see the life in the womb as being made in the image of God (Gen. 1:26). Therefore, we stand in opposition to killing that life. So, when we find so-called Christians who promote the blessing of an abortion mill like Planned Parenthood, most Christians are repulsed by such profound hypocrisy, not to mention the butchering of the innocent.
- "in Columbus, Ohio. There, on the evening of November 9, the so-called Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice is planning a “blessing” of the Planned Parenthood abortion center...this event will include interfaith blessings, prayers, and testimonies about receiving and providing abortion care...Mark Harrington, President of the pro-life group Created Equal informed LifeNews of the event. He said Planned Parenthood abortion practitioners kill babies at the abortion clinic in dismemberment abortions whey they are nearly 5 months old."1
- “Anti-abortion advocates do not have the monopoly on faith or God,” the notice from Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio reads. “Many faith leaders and people of faith hold that accessing and providing abortions are good and godly decisions."2
I must say it like it is. The so-called clergy who participate and approve of such a "blessing" are sacrilegious blasphemers. They have invoked the name of God to bless the killing of the innocent. They are whitewashed sepulchers, full of dead men's bones (Matthew 23:27-28). They are blind guides (Matthew 23:16-17, 23-24). They are fools (Luke 11:39), concealed tombs (Luke 11:43), and they dishonor Christ (John 8:49).
We live in a time when righteousness is mocked, where God is used as a swear word, where Christ is ignored, and where everyone does what is right in his own eyes. Rightly did Isaiah speak when he said, "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20).
You would think that in these modern days that child sacrifice would be nonexistent. But, we see it in the abortion mills where women go to destroy the life in their bodies. And these false teachers, the so-called Christian clergy that seeks to bless this tragedy, in their arrogance and deadness of heart, dare to call upon the Lord God to bless their blasphemous intentions. Their judgment will be terrible on that great day.
During Old Testament times there was a pagan religion that dealt with Moloch. The believers would take her newborn children and sacrifice them, burning them alive on a brazen altar. It was a detestable act then and such an act today would be equally detestable. But, those who dismember children in the womb, flush them out with saline solutions and use their body parts to make money, our modern-day are servants of the same paganism known as Moloch. They just don't acknowledge their death cult.
- Leviticus 20:2, “You shall also say to the sons of Israel: ‘Any man from the sons of Israel or from the aliens sojourning in Israel who gives any of his offspring to Molech, shall surely be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones."
- 2 Kings 23:10, "He also defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter pass through the fire for Molech."
We live in an age where one of the most dangerous places to be is in the mother's womb. Instead of the careful, loving, self-sacrificing beauty of motherhood, our society promotes death for the sake of convenience after serving the flesh. It says the baby has worth only if the mother assigns it value by deciding to keep it.
The patience of God is incredible. He has allowed our country to prosper even though this reprehensible act upon the innocent occurs every day. He is gracious. Unfortunately, to have so-called Christian pastors bless abortion is not only blasphemous but also a sign of our traject times.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11–12, "For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness."
Though I have done a great deal of research and have responded to many issues regarding abortion, let me answer a few basic objections here.
The woman has a right to do whatever she wants with her body
While we agree that people have the right to do with their bodies as they see fit, the life in the womb of the mother is not the same body as the mother. If it were so, then the woman would have two heads, four arms, four legs, etc. It makes no sense to say that the life in her womb is her body. It is not her body. It is something in her body. So, when she says she has a right to do with her body as she sees fit, that's fine. But, she does not have the right to kill the innocent life within her because that life is not her body. It is another body, a different body.
The fetus is not a person
The definition of personhood is rather fluid, particularly when discussing the life in the womb. Some say that a fertilized egg is not a person because it does not think, have volition, etc. Think about this. If a man were in a terrible accident and he lost both arms and legs, his sight, and he is in a coma in a hospital, is he still human? Of course, he is. What makes him human is not simply awareness, functionality, or self-sufficiency. Instead, it's the essence of his nature and we would not have the right to kill him. So, personhood is not distinguished by self-awareness and volition.
Furthermore, life does not begin in the womb; it continues. The egg and the sperm are both alive and when they come together life continues and that life has human DNA. It cannot be something other than human in its nature.
But, some say a skin cell has human DNA, but yet it's not human. The difference between a skin cell in a fertilized egg is enormous. A skin cell is part of a person's body. It has a different nature than that of a skin cell. A skin cell is not the same thing as a fertilized egg.
Think about this, if the fertilized egg is not human, then would it be okay to transfer it into the womb of a female dog? Of course not and the reason is that it's human in nature, and does not have a dog's nature.
Furthermore, if we were to work with the pro-abortionist logic, we have to ask at what point does the fertilized egg become human? But, they don't know when that happens. But if they don't know, then they should not risk killing a human life. If they can't definitively say exactly when it becomes a human person, according to their thinking, they should not risk killing a human life.
Don't impose your religious values on others
This objection is hypocritical. The secular left, along with its false-Christian-clergy-supporters, has no problem pushing its values through TV, magazines, radio, movies, schools, and upon the innocent within the womb. Then, when Christians speak up and protest, the left seeks to silence them. The far left is comprised of hypocrites who impose their values on others while saying those same people don't have the right to impose their values back on them. Such hypocrisy is blatant and it leads to the death of the unborn.
The false Christian clergy who seek to impose a blessing from God on abortion and call it a sacred choice will answer to God Almighty for their blasphemies and murderous intentions. They are whitewashed tombs, hypocrites, and unregenerate blasphemers. But, they need prayer. They need redemption so that darkness will turn to light and they can repent and come to faith in Christ.
- 1. christianheadlines.com/contributors/scott-slayton/pastors-to-hold-blessing-of-ohio-planned-parenthood-facility.html
- 2. washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/01/29/clergy-gather-to-bless-an-abortion-clinic-which-provides-rare-late-term-abortions-in-bethesda/?utm_term=.0cf61043fd46. I followed the original link for the original notice from Planned Parenthood, but had been taken down.