- If God is all in all, then where did evil come from?
- If everything is an interpretation of divine mind, then why do people have different understandings of God?
- If sickness is an illusion, why do you have practitioners who go out to Christian Scientists in attempts to heal them?
- If sin is not real, then why does the Bible say that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23)? As well as, "If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us," (1 John 1:8).
- In Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy said, "The material blood of Jesus was no more efficacious to cleanse from sin when it was shed upon ‘the accursed tree,' than when it was flowing in his veins as he went daily about his Father’s business." Why would she contradict so plainly the teaching of Scripture that says, "but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin," (1 John 1:7).
- Why would Mary Baker Eddy directly contradict the Jesus’ own claim of Himself? She said that "Jesus is not God, as Jesus himself declared, but the Son of God." (S & H 361:12-13). Is she calling Jesus a liar?
- If "Man is incapable of sin, sickness, and death" as Eddy said in Science and Health 475:28, then why do people die? Why does the Bible say that the wages of sin is death (Rom. 6:23)?
- Why would Mrs. Eddy say that Jesus did not die (S&H 45:32-46:3) when the Bible clearly teaches that He died (Rom. 8:34, 1 Thess. 4:14, 1 Cor. 8:11, 1 Pet. 3:18, 1 John 1:7).
- If our physical senses do not tell us the truth about the material world, then how can we trust them when we read the book Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures or hear its message with our ears?
This article is also available in: Español