|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 102 - Competition
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. The mutual rivalry for piling up (the good things of this world) diverts you (from the more serious things),
2. Until ye visit the graves.
3. But nay, ye soon shall know (the reality).
4. Again, ye soon shall know!
5. Nay, were ye to know with certainty of mind, (ye would beware!)
6. Ye shall certainly see Hell-Fire!
7. Again, ye shall see it with certainty of sight!
8. Then, shall ye be questioned that Day about the joy (ye indulged in!).
|102. Surah At-Takaathur (The Piling up)
1. The mutual rivalry for piling up of worldly things diverts you,
2. Until you visit the graves (i.e. till you die).
3. Nay! You shall come to know!
4. Again, Nay! You shall come to know!
5. Nay! If you knew with a sure knowledge (the end result of piling up, you would not have occupied yourselves in worldly things)
6. Verily, You shall see the blazing Fire (Hell)!
7. And again, you shall see it with certainty of sight!
8. Then, on that Day, you shall be asked about the delight (you indulged in, in this world)!