|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 111 - Palm Fibre
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he!
2. No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains!
3. Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of Blazing Flame!
4. His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood - As fuel! -
5. A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her (own) neck!
|111. Surah Al-Masad (The Palm Fiber)
1. Perish the two hands of Abu Lahab (an uncle of the Prophet), and perish he!
2. His wealth and his children (etc.) will not benefit him!
3. He will be burnt in a Fire of blazing flames!
4. And his wife too, who carries wood (thorns of Sadan which she used to put on the way of the Prophet, or use to slander him).
5. In her neck is a twisted rope of Masad (palm fibre).