|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 32 - The Prostration
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. A. L. M.
2. (This is) the Revelation of the Book in which there is no doubt - from the Lord of the Worlds.
3. Or do they say, “He has forged it”? Nay, it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayest admonish a people to whom no warner has come before thee: in order that they may receive guidance.
4. It is God Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all between them, in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): ye have none, besides Him, to protect or intercede (for you): will ye not then receive admonition?
5. He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning.
6. Such is He, the Knower of all things, hidden and open, the Exalted (in power), the Merciful -
7. He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay,
8. And made his progeny from a quintessence of the nature of a fluid despised:
9. But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!
10. And they say: “What! When we lie, hidden and lost, in the earth, shall we indeed be in a Creation renewed? Nay, they deny the Meeting with their Lord.
11. Say: “The Angel of Death, put in charge of you, will (duly) take your souls: then shall ye be brought back to your Lord.”
12. If only thou couldst see when the guilty ones will bend low their heads before their Lord, (saying:) “Our Lord! We have seen and we have heard: Now then send us back (to the world): we will work righteousness: for we do indeed (now) believe.”
13. If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance: but the Word from Me will come true, “I will fill Hell with Jinns and men all together.”
14. “Taste ye then - for ye forgot the Meeting of this Day of yours, and We too will forget you - taste ye the Penalty of Eternity for your (evil) deeds!”
15. Only those believe in Our Signs, who, when they are recited to them, fall down in adoration, and celebrate the praises of their Lord, nor are they (ever) puffed up with pride.
16. Their limbs do forsake their beds of sleep, the while they call on their Lord, in Fear and Hope: and they spend (in charity) out of the sustenance which We have bestowed on them.
17. Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden (in reserve) for them - as a reward for their (good) deeds.
18. Is then the man who believes no better than the man who is rebellious and wicked? Not equal are they.
19. For those who believe and do righteous deeds are Gardens as hospitable homes, for their (good) deeds.
20. As to those who are rebellious and wicked, their abode will be the Fire: every time they wish to get away therefrom, they will be forced thereinto, and it will be said to them: “Taste ye the Penalty of the Fire, the which ye were wont to reject as false.”
21. And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return.
22. And who does more wrong than one to whom are recited the Signs of his Lord, and who then turns away therefrom? Verily from those who transgress We shall exact (due) Retribution.
23. We did indeed aforetime give the Book to Moses: be not then in doubt of its reaching (thee): and We made it a guide to the Children of Israel.
24. And We appointed, from among them, leaders, giving guidance under Our command, so long as they persevered with patience and continued to have faith in Our Signs.
25. Verily thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Judgment, in the matters wherein they differ (among themselves)
26. Does it not teach them a lesson, how many generations We destroyed before them, in whose dwellings they (now) go to and fro? Verily in that are Signs: Do they not then listen?
27. And do they not see that We do drive rain to parched soil (bare of herbage), and produce therewith crops, providing food for their cattle and themselves? Have they not the vision?
28. They say: “When will this decision be, if ye are telling the truth?”
29. Say: “On the Day of Decision, no profit will it be to Unbelievers if they (then) believe! Nor will they be granted a respite.”
30. So turn away from them, and wait: they too are waiting."
|32. Surah As-Sajdah (The Prostration)
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.]
2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) is from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists) in which there is not doubt!
3. Or say they: "He (Muhammad) has fabricated it?" Nay, it is the truth from your Lord, that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you (O Muhammad), in order that they may be guided.
4. Allah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He Istawa (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). You (mankind) have none, besides Him, as a Wali (protector or helper etc.) or an intercessor. Will you not then remember (or be admonished)?
5. He arranges (every) affair from the heavens to the earth, then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world's time).
6. That is He, the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.
7. Who made everything He has created good, and He began the creation of man from clay.
8. Then He made his offspring from semen of worthless water (male and female sexual discharge).
9. Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allah for that person), and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give!
10. And they say: "When we are (dead and become) lost in the earth, shall we indeed be recreated anew?" Nay, but they deny the Meeting with their Lord!
11. Say: "The angel of death, who is set over you, will take your souls, then you shall be brought to your Lord."
12. And if you only could see when the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) shall hang their heads before their Lord (saying): "Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world), we will do righteous good deeds. Verily! We now believe with certainty."
13. And if We had willed, surely! We would have given every person his guidance, but the Word from Me took effect (about evil-doers), that I will fill Hell with jinn and mankind together.
14. Then taste you (the torment of the Fire) because of your forgetting the Meeting of this Day of yours, (and) surely! We too will forget you, so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do.
15. Only those believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not proud.
16. Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (charity in Allah's Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them.
17. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.
18. Is then he who is a believer like him who is Fasiq (disbeliever and disobedient to Allah)? Not equal are they.
19. As for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens (Paradise) as an entertainment, for what they used to do.
20. And as for those who are Fasiqun (disbelievers and disobedient to Allah), their abode will be the Fire, every time they wish to get away therefrom, they will be put back thereto, and it will be said to them: "Taste you the torment of the Fire which you used to deny."
21. And verily, We will make them taste of the near torment (i.e. the torment in the life of this world, i.e. disasters, calamities, etc.) prior to the supreme torment (in the Hereafter), in order that they may (repent and) return (i.e. accept Islam).
22. And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, then he turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.).
23. And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)]. So be not you in doubt of meeting him [i.e.when you met Musa (Moses) during the night of Al-Isra' and Al-Mi'raj over the heavens]. And We made it [the Taurat (Torah)] a guide to the Children of Israel.
24. And We made from among them (Children of Israel), leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
25. Verily, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection, concerning that wherein they used to differ.
26. Is it not a guidance for them, how many generations We have destroyed before them in whose dwellings they do walk about? Verily, therein indeed are signs. Would they not then listen?
27. Have they not seen how We drive water (rain clouds) to the dry land without any vegetation, and therewith bring forth crops providing food for their cattle and themselves? Will they not then see?
28. They say: "When will this Al-Fath (Decision) be (between us and you, i.e. the Day of Resurrection), if you are telling the truth?"
29. Say: "On the Day of Al-Fath (Decision), no profit will it be to those who disbelieve if they (then) believe! Nor will they be granted a respite."
30. So turn aside from them (O Muhammad) and await, verily they (too) are awaiting.