Introduction, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 50 - The Letter Qaf
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. Qaf: By the Glorious Qur’an (Thou art Allah’s Apostle).
2. But they wonder that there has come to them a Warner from among themselves. So the Unbelievers say: “This is a wonderful thing!
3. “What! When we die and become dust, (shall we live again?) That is a (sort of) return far (from our understanding).”
4. We already know how much of them the earth takes away: With Us is a record guarding (the full account).
5. But they deny the Truth when it comes to them: so they are in a confused state.
6. Do they not look at the sky above them? - How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?
7. And the earth - We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs) -
8. To be observed and commemorated by every devotee turning (to Allah).
9. And We send down from the sky rain charted with blessing, and We produce therewith gardens and Grain for harvests;
10. And tall (and stately) palm-trees, with shoots of fruit-stalks, piled one over another -
11. As sustenance for (Allah’s) Servants - and We give (new) life therewith to land that is dead: Thus will be the Resurrection.
12. Before them was denied (the Hereafter) by the People of Noah, the Companions of the Rass, the Thamud,
13. The ‘Ad, Pharaoh, the brethren of Lut,
14. The Companions of the Wood, and the People of Tubba’; each one (of them) rejected the apostles, and My warning was duly fulfilled (in them).
15. Were We then weary with the first Creation, that they should be in confused doubt about a new Creation?
16. It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.
17. Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.
18. Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it).
19. And the stupor of death will bring Truth (before his eyes): “This was the thing which thou wast trying to escape!”
20. And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given).
21. And there will come forth every soul: with each will be an (angel) to drive, and an (angel) to bear witness.
22. (It will be said:) “Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!”
23. And his Companion will say: “Here is (his Record) ready with me!”
24. (The sentence will be:) “Throw, throw into Hell every contumacious Rejecter (of Allah)! -
25. “Who forbade what was good, transgressed all bounds, cast doubts and suspicions;
26. “Who set up another god beside Allah: Throw him into a severe penalty.”
27. His Companion will say: “Our Lord! I did not make him transgress, but he was (himself) far astray.”
28. He will say: “Dispute not with each other in My Presence: I had already in advance sent you Warning.
29. “The Word changes not before Me, and I do not the least injustice to My Servants.”
30. One Day We will ask Hell, “Art thou filled to the full?” It will say, “Are there any more (to come)?”
31. And the Garden will be brought nigh to the Righteous - no more a thing distant.
32. (A voice will say:) “This is what was promised for you - for every one who turned (to Allah) in sincere repentance, who kept (His Law),
33. “Who feared (Allah) Most Gracious Unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him):
34. “Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a Day of Eternal Life!”
35. There will be for them therein all that they wish - and more besides in Our Presence.
36. But how many generations before them did We destroy (for their sins) - stronger in power than they? Then did they wander through the land: was there any place of escape (for them)?
37. Verily in this is a Message for any that has a heart and understanding or who gives ear and earnestly witnesses (the truth).
38. We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us.
39. Bear, then, with patience, all that they say, and celebrate the praises of thy Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting.
40. And during part of the night, (also,) celebrate His praises, and (so likewise) after the postures of adoration.
41. And listen for the Day when the Caller will call out from a place quiet near -
42. The Day when they will hear a (mighty) Blast in (very) truth: that will be the Day of Resurrection.
43. Verily it is We Who give Life and Death; and to Us is the Final Goal -
44. The Day when the Earth will be rent asunder, from (men) hurrying out: that will be a gathering together - quite easy for Us.
45. We know best what they say; and thou art not one to overawe them by force. So admonish with the Qur’an such as fear My Warning!
|50. Surah Qaf
[These letters (Qaf, etc.) are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
By the Glorious Qur'an.
2. Nay, they wonder that there has come to them a warner (Muhammad) from among themselves. So the disbelievers say: "This is a strange thing!
3. "When we are dead and have become dust (shall we be resurrected?) That is a far return."
4. We know that which the earth takes of them (their dead bodies), and with Us is a Book preserved (i.e. the Book of Decrees).
5. Nay, but they have denied the truth (this Qur'an) when it has come to them, so they are in a confused state (can not differentiate between right and wrong).
6. Have they not looked at the heaven above them, how We have made it and adorned it, and there are no rifts in it?
7. And the earth! We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and have produced therein every kind of lovely growth (plants).
8. An insight and a Reminder for every slave turning to Allah (i.e. the one who believes in Allah and performs deeds of His obedience, and always begs His pardon).
9. And We send down blessed water (rain) from the sky, then We produce therewith gardens and grain (every kind of harvests) that are reaped.
10. And tall date-palms, with ranged clusters;
11. A provision for (Allah's) slaves. And We give life therewith to a dead land. Thus will be the resurrection (of the dead).
12. Denied before them (i.e. these pagans of Makkah who denied you, O Muhammad) the people of Nuh (Noah), and the dwellers of Rass, and the Thamud,
13. And 'Ad, and Fir'aun (Pharaoh), and the brethren of Lout (Lot),
14. And the dwellers of the Wood, and the people of Tubba'; everyone of them denied (their) Messengers, so My Threat took effect.
15. Were We then tired with the first creation? Nay, They are in confused doubt about a new creation (i.e. Resurrection)?
16. And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).
17. (Remember!) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being after he or she has attained the age of puberty), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions).
18. Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).
19. And the stupor of death will come in truth: "This is what you have been avoiding!"
20. And the Trumpet will be blown, that will be the Day whereof warning (had been given) (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
21. And every person will come forth along with an (angel) to drive (him), and an (angel) to bear witness.
22. (It will be said to the sinners): "Indeed you were heedless of this, now We have removed your covering, and sharp is your sight this Day!"
23. And his companion (angel) will say: "Here is (this Record) ready with me!"
24. (And it will be said): "Both of you throw (Order from Allah to the two angels) into Hell, every stubborn disbeliever (in the Oneness of Allah, in His Messengers, etc.).
25. "Hinderer of good, transgressor, doubter,
26. "Who set up another ilah (god) with Allah, then (both of you) cast him in the severe torment."
27. His companion (Satan devil)] will say: "Our Lord! I did not push him to transgress, (in disbelief, oppression, and evil deeds) but he was himself in error far astray."
28. Allah will say: "Dispute not in front of Me, I had already, in advance, sent you the threat.
29. The Sentence that comes from Me cannot be changed, and I am not unjust (to the least) to the slaves."
30. On the Day when We will say to Hell: "Are you filled?" It will say: "Are there any more (to come)?"
31. And Paradise will be brought near to the Muttaqun (pious) not far off.
32. (It will be said): "This is what you were promised, - (it is) for those oft-returning (to Allah) in sincere repentance, and those who preserve their covenant with Allah (by obeying Him in all what He has ordered, and worship none but Allah Alone, i.e. follow Allah's Religion, Islamic Monotheism).
33. "Who feared the Most Beneficent (Allah) in the Ghaib (unseen): (i.e. in this worldly life before seeing and meeting Him), and brought a heart turned in repentance (to Him - and absolutely free from each and every kind of polytheism),
34. "Enter you therein in peace and security; this is a Day of eternal life!"
35. There they will have all that they desire, and We have more (for them, i.e. a glance at the All-Mighty, All-Majestic Ìá ÌáÇáå).
36. And how many a generation We have destroyed before them, who were stronger in power than them, and (when Our Torment came) they ran for a refuge in the land! Could they find any place of refuge (for them to save themselves from destruction)?
37. Verily, therein is indeed a reminder for him who has a heart or gives ear while he is heedful.
38. And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six Days and nothing of fatigue touched Us.
39. So bear with patience (O Muhammad) all that they say, and glorify the Praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting (i.e. the Fajr, Zuhr, and 'Asr prayers).
40. And during a part of the night (also), glorify His praises (i.e. Maghrib and 'Isha prayers), and (so likewise) after the prayers [As-Sunnah, Nawafil optional and additional prayers, and also glorify, praise and magnify Allah - Subhan Allah, Alhamdu lillah, Allahu-Akbar].
41. And listen on the Day when the caller will call from a near place,
42. The Day when they will hear As-Saihah (shout, etc.) in truth, that will be the Day of coming out (from the graves i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
43. Verily, We it is Who give life and cause death; and to Us is the final return,
44. On the Day when the earth shall be cleft, from off them, (they will come out) hastening forth. That will be a gathering, quite easy for Us.
45. We know of best what they say; and you (O Muhammad) are not a tyrant over them (to force them to Belief). But warn by the Qur'an, him who fears My Threat.