|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 63 - The Hypocrites
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, “We bear witness that thou art indeed the Apostle of Allah.” Yea, Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His Apostle, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed liars.
2. They have made their oaths a screen (for their misdeeds): thus they obstruct (men) from the Path of Allah: truly evil are their deeds.
3. That is because they believed, then they rejected Faith: So a seal was set on their hearts: therefore they understand not.
4. When thou lookest at them, their exteriors please thee; and when they speak, thou listenest to their words. They are as (worthless as hollow) pieces of timber propped up, (unable to stand on their own). They think that every cry is against them. They are the enemies; so beware of them. The curse of Allah be on them! How are they deluded (away from the Truth)!
5. And when it is said to them, “Come, the Apostle of Allah will pray for your forgiveness,” they turn aside their heads, and thou wouldst see them turning away their faces in arrogance.
6. It is equal to them whether thou pray for their forgiveness or not. Allah will not forgive them. Truly Allah guides not rebellious transgressors.
7. They are the ones who say, “Spend nothing on those who are with Allah’s Apostle, to the end that they may disperse (and quit Medina).” But to Allah belong the treasures of the heavens and the earth; but the Hypocrites understand not.
8. They say, “If we return to Medina, surely the more honourable (element) will expel therefrom the meaner.” But honour belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and to the Believers; but the Hypocrites know not.
9. O ye who believe! Let not your riches or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. If any act thus, the loss is their own.
10. and spend something (in charity) out of the substance which We have bestowed on you, before Death should come to any of you and he should say, “O my Lord! Why didst Thou not give me respite for a little while? I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good.”
11. But to no soul will Allah grant respite when the time appointed (for it) has come; and Allah is well acquainted with (all) that ye do.
|63. Surah Al-Munafiqun (The Hypocrites)
1. When the hypocrites come to you (O Muhammad), they say: "We bear witness that you are indeed the Messenger of Allah." Allah knows that you are indeed His Messenger and Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed.
2. They have made their oaths a screen (for their hypocrisy). Thus they hinder (men) from the Path of Allah. Verily, evil is what they used to do.
3. That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed, so they understand not.
4. And when you look at them, their bodies please you; and when they speak, you listen to their words. They are as blocks of wood propped up. They think that every cry is against them. They are the enemies, so beware of them. May Allah curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path.
5. And when it is said to them: "Come, so that the Messenger of Allah may ask forgiveness from Allah for you", they turn aside their heads, and you would see them turning away their faces in pride.
6. It is equal to them whether you (Muhammad) ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are the Fasiqin (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).
7. They are the ones who say: "Spend not on those who are with Allah's Messenger, until they desert him." And to Allah belong the treasures of the heavens and the earth, but the hypocrites comprehend not.
8. They (hyprocrites) say: "If we return to Al-Madinah, indeed the more honourable ('Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul, the chief of hyprocrites at Al-Madinah) will expel therefrom the meaner (i.e. Allah's Messenger)." But honour, power and glory belong to Allah, His Messenger (Muhammad), and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not.
9. O you who believe! Let not your properties or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whosoever does that, then they are the losers.
10. And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you and he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah (i.e. Zakat) of my wealth, and be among the righteous [i.e. perform Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)].
11. And Allah grants respite to none when his appointed time (death) comes. And Allah is All-Aware of what you do.