Introduction, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 67 - The Sovereignty
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion; and He over all things hath Power -
2. He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving -
3. He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?
4. Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out.
5. And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.
6. For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination.
7. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth,
8. Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is cast therein, its Keepers will ask, “Did no Warner come to you?”
9. They will say: “Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, ‘Allah never sent down any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious delusion!’ ”
10. They will further say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!”
11. They will then confess their sins: but far will be (Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!
12. As for those who fear their Lord unseen, for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward.
13. And whether ye hide your word or publish it, He certainly has (full) knowledge, of the secrets of (all) hearts.
14. Should He not know - He that created? And He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).
15. It is He Who has made the earth manageable for you, so traverse ye through its tracts and enjoy of the Sustenance which He furnishes: but unto Him is the Resurrection.
16. Do ye feel secure that He Who is in heaven will not cause you to be swallowed up by the earth when it shakes (as in an earthquake)?
17. Or do ye feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones), so that ye shall know how (terrible) was My warning?
18. But indeed men before them rejected (My warning): then how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)?
19. Do they not observe the birds above them, spreading their wings and folding them in? None can uphold them except (Allah) Most Gracious: Truly (Allah) Most Gracious: Truly it is He that watches over all things.
20. Nay, who is there that can help you, (even as) an army, besides (Allah) Most Merciful? In nothing but delusion are the Unbelievers.
21. Or who is there that can provide you with Sustenance if He were to withhold His provision? Nay, they obstinately persist in insolent impiety and flight (from the Truth).
22. Is then one who walks headlong, with his face grovelling, better guided - or one who walks evenly on a Straight Way?
23. Say: “It is He Who has created you (and made you grow), and made for you the faculties of hearing, seeing, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is ye give.
24. Say: “It is He Who has multiplied you through the earth, and to Him shall ye be gathered together.”
25. They ask: When will this promise be (fulfilled)? - If ye are telling the truth.
26. Say: “As to the knowledge of the time, it is with Allah alone: I am (sent) only to warn plainly in public.”
27. At length, when they see it close at hand, grieved will be the faces of the Unbelievers, and it will be said (to them): “This is (the promise fulfilled), which ye were calling for!”
28. Say: “See ye? - If Allah were to destroy me, and those with me, or if He bestows His Mercy on us - yet who can deliver the Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?”
29. Say: “He is (Allah) Most Gracious: We have believed in Him, and on Him have we put our trust: So, soon will ye know which (of us) it is that is in manifest error.”
30. Say: “See ye? - If your stream be some morning lost (in the underground earth), who then can supply you with clear-flowing water?”
|67. Surah Al-Mulk (Dominion)
1. Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things.
2. Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;
3. Who has created the seven heavens one above another, you can see no fault in the creations of the Most Beneficent. Then look again: "Can you see any rifts?"
4. Then look again and yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out.
5. And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, and We have made such lamps (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin (devils), and have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.
6. And for those who disbelieve in their Lord (Allah) is the torment of Hell, and worst indeed is that destination.
7. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath as it blazes forth.
8. It almost bursts up with fury. Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you?"
9. They will say: "Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: 'Allah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.'"
10. And they will say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!"
11. Then they will confess their sin. So, away with the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
12. Verily! Those who fear their Lord unseen (i.e. they do not see Him, nor His Punishment in the Hereafter, etc.), theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).
13. And whether you keep your talk secret or disclose it, verily, He is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).
14. Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything).
15. He it is, Who has made the earth subservient to you (i.e. easy for you to walk, to live and to do agriculture on it, etc.), so walk in the path thereof and eat of His provision, and to Him will be the Resurrection.
16. Do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah), will not cause the earth to sink with you, then behold it shakes (as in an earthquake)?
17. Or do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah), will not send against you a violent whirlwind? Then you shall know how (terrible) has been My Warning?
18. And indeed those before them belied (the Messengers of Allah), then how terrible was My denial (punishment)?
19. Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Beneficent (Allah). Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything.
20. Who is he besides the Most Beneficent that can be an army to you to help you? The disbelievers are in nothing but delusion.
21. Who is he that can provide for you if He should withhold His provision? Nay, but they continue to be in pride, and (they) flee (from the truth).
22. Is he who walks without seeing on his face, more rightly guided, or he who (sees and) walks on a Straight Way (i.e. Islamic Monotheism).
23. Say it is He Who has created you, and endowed you with hearing (ears), seeing (eyes), and hearts. Little thanks you give.
24. Say: "It is He Who has created you from the earth, and to Him shall you be gathered (in the Hereafter)."
25. They say: "When will this promise (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) come to pass? if you are telling the truth."
26. Say (O Muhammad): "The knowledge (of its exact time) is with Allah only, and I am only a plain warner."
27. But when they will see it (the torment on the Day of Resurrection) approaching, the faces of those who disbelieve will be different (black, sad, and in grieve), and it will be said (to them): "This is (the promise) which you were calling for!"
28. Say (O Muhammad): "Tell me! If Allah destroys me, and those with me, or He bestows His Mercy on us, - who can save the disbelievers from a painful torment?"
29. Say: "He is the Most Beneficent (Allah), in Him we believe, and in Him we put our trust. So you will come to know who is it that is in manifest error."
30. Say (O Muhammad): "Tell me! If (all) your water were to be sunk away, who then can supply you with flowing (spring) water?"