|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 69 - The Reality
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. The Sure Reality!
2. What is the Sure Reality?
3. And what will make thee realise what the Sure Reality is?
4. The Thamud and the ‘Ad People (branded) as false the Stunning Calamity!
5. But the Thamud - they were destroyed by a terrible Storm of thunder and lightning!
6. And the ‘Ad, they were destroyed by a furious Wind, exceedingly violent;
7. He made it rage against them seven nights and eight days in succession: so that thou couldst see the (whole) people lying prostrate in its (path), as they had been roots of hollow palm-trees tumbled down!
8. Then seest thou any of them left surviving?
9. And Pharaoh, and those before him, and the Cities Overthrown, committed habitual Sin.
10. And disobeyed (each) the apostle of their Lord; so He punished them with an abundant Penalty.
11. We, when the water (of Noah’s Flood) overflowed beyond its limits, carried you (mankind), in the floating (Ark),
12. That We might make it a Message unto you, and that ears (that should hear the tale and) retain its memory should bear its (lessons) in remembrance.
13. Then, when one blast is sounded on the Trumpet,
14. And the earth is moved, and its mountains, and they are crushed to powder at one stroke -
15. On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass.
16. And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsy,
17. And the angels will be on its sides, and eight will, that Day, bear the Throne of thy Lord above them.
18. That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an act of yours that ye hide will be hidden.
19. Then he that will be given his Record in his right hand will say: “Ah here! Read ye my Record!
20. “I did really understand that my Account would (One Day) reach me!”
21. And he will be in a life of Bliss,
22. In a Garden on high,
23. The Fruits whereof (will hang in bunches) low and near.
24. “Eat ye and drink ye, with full satisfaction; because of the (good) that ye sent before you, in the days that are gone!”
25. And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: “Ah! Would that my Record had not been given to me!
26. “And that I had never realised how my account (stood)!
27. “Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!
28. “Of no profit to me has been my wealth!
29. “My power has perished from me!”…
30. (The stern command will say): “Seize ye him, and bind ye him,
31. “And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.
32. “Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!
33. “This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High.
34. “And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!
35. “So no friend hath he here this Day.
36. “Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds,
37. “Which none do eat but those in sin.”
38. So I do call to witness what ye see,
39. And what ye see not,
40. That this is verily the word of an honoured apostle;
41. It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer: little admonition it is ye receive.
43. (This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds.
44. And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name,
45. We should certainly seize him by his right hand,
46. And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart:
47. Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath).
48. But verily this is a Message for the Allah-fearing.
49. And We certainly know that there are amongst you those that reject (it).
50. But truly (Revelation) is a cause of sorrow for the Unbelievers.
51. But verily it is Truth of assured certainty.
52. So glorify the name of thy Lord Most High."
|69. Surah Al-Haqqah (The Inevitable)
1. The Reality (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!
2. What is the Reality?
3. And what will make you know what the Reality is?
4. Thamud and 'Ad people denied the Qari'ah [the striking Hour (of Judgement)]!
5. As for Thamud, they were destroyed by the awful cry!
6. And as for 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious violent wind;
7. Which Allah imposed on them for seven nights and eight days in succession, so that you could see men lying overthrown (destroyed), as if they were hollow trunks of date-palms!
8. Do you see any remnants of them?
9. And Fir'aun (Pharaoh), and those before him, and the cities overthrown [the towns of the people of [Lout (Lot)] committed sin,
10. And they disobeyed their Lord's Messenger, so He punished them with a strong punishment.
11. Verily! When the water rose beyond its limits [Nuh's (Noah) Flood], We carried you (mankind) in the floating [ship that was constructed by Nuh (Noah)].
12. That We might make it a remembrance for you, and the keen ear (person) may (hear and) understand it.
13. Then when the Trumpet will be blown with one blowing (the first one),
14. And the earth and the mountains shall be removed from their places, and crushed with a single crushing,
15. Then on that Day shall the (Great) Event befall,
16. And the heaven will split asunder, for that Day it (the heaven will be frail (weak), and torn up,
17. And the angels will be on its sides, and eight angels will, that Day, bear the Throne of your Lord above them.
18. That Day shall you be brought to Judgement, not a secret of you will be hidden.
19. Then as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand will say: "Take, read my Record!
20. "Surely, I did believe that I shall meet my Account!"
21. So he shall be in a life, well-pleasing.
22. In a lofty Paradise,
23. The fruits in bunches whereof will be low and near at hand.
24. Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent on before you in days past!
25. But as for him who will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "I wish that I had not been given my Record!
26. "And that I had never known, how my Account is?
27. "I wish, would that it had been my end (death)!
28. "My wealth has not availed me,
29. "My power and arguments (to defend myself) have gone from me!"
30. (It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him,
31. Then throw him in the blazing Fire.
32. "Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits!"
33. Verily, He used not to believe in Allah, the Most Great,
34. And urged not on the feeding of Al-Miskin (the poor),
35. So no friend has he here this Day,
36. Nor any food except filth from the washing of wounds,
37. None will eat except the Khati'un (sinners, disbelievers, polytheists, etc.).
38. So I swear by whatsoever you see,
39. And by whatsoever you see not,
40. That this is verily the word of an honoured Messenger [i.e. Jibrael (Gabriel) or Muhammad which he has brought from Allah].
41. It is not the word of a poet, little is that you believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer (or a foreteller), little is that you remember!
43. This is the Revelation sent down from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
44. And if he (Muhammad) had forged a false saying concerning Us (Allah),
45. We surely should have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might),
46. And then certainly should have cut off his life artery (Aorta),
47. And none of you could withhold Us from (punishing) him.
48. And verily, this Qur'an is a Reminder for the Muttaqun (pious).
49. And verily, We know that there are some among you that belie (this Qur'an).
50. And indeed it (this Qur'an) will be an anguish for the disbelievers (on the Day of Resurrection).
51. And Verily, it (this Qur'an) is an absolute truth with certainty.
52. So glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.