Introduction, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 71 - Nooh
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. We sent Noah to his People (with the Command): “Do thou warn thy People before there comes to them a grievous Penalty.”
2. He said: “O my People! I am to you a Warner, clear and open:
3. “That ye should worship Allah, fear Him and obey me:
4. “So He may forgive you your sins and give you respite for a stated Term: for when the Term given by Allah is accomplished, it cannot be put forward: if ye only knew.”
5. He said: “O my Lord! I have called to my People night and day:
6. “But my call only increases (their) flight (from the Right).
7. “And every time I have called to them, that Thou mightest forgive them, they have (only) thrust their fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with their garments, grown obstinate, and given themselves up to arrogance.
8. “So I have called to them aloud;
9. “Further I have spoken to them in public and secretly in private,
10. “Saying, ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is Oft-Forgiving;
11. “ ‘He will send rain to you in abundance;
12. “ ‘Give you increase in wealth and sons; and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers (of flowing water).
13. “ ‘What is the matter with you, that ye place not your hope for kindness and long-suffering in Allah -
14. “ ‘Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse stages?
15. “ ‘See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,
16. “ ‘And made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (Glorious) Lamp?
17. “ ‘And Allah has produced you from the earth growing (gradually),
18. “ ‘And in the End He will return you into the (earth), and raise you forth (again at the Resurrection)?
19. “ ‘And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out),
20. “ ‘That ye may go about therein, in spacious roads.’ ”
21. Noah said: “O my Lord! They have disobeyed me, but they follow (men) whose wealth and children give them no increase but only Loss.
22. “And they have devised a tremendous Plot.
23. “And they have said (to each other), ‘Abandon not your gods: Abandon neither Wadd nor Suwa,’ neither Yaguth nor Ya’uq, nor Nasr’ -
24. “They have already misled many; and grant Thou no increase to the wrong-doers but in straying (from their mark).”
25. Because of their sins they were drowned (in the flood), and were made to enter the Fire (of Punishment): and they found - in lieu of Allah - none to help them.
26. And Noah, said: “O my Lord! Leave not of the Unbelievers, a single one on earth!
27. “For, if Thou dost leave (any of) them, they will but mislead Thy devotees, and they will breed none but wicked ungrateful ones.
28. “O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no increase but in perdition!”
|71. Surah Nuh (Noah)
1. Verily, We sent Nuh (Noah) to his people (Saying): "Warn your people before there comes to them a painful torment."
2. He said: "O my people! Verily, I am a plain warner to you,
3. "That you should worship Allah (Alone), be dutiful to Him, and obey me,
4. "He (Allah) will forgive you of your sins and respite you to an appointed term. Verily, the term of Allah when it comes, cannot be delayed, if you but knew."
5. He said: "O my Lord! Verily, I have called my people night and day (i.e. secretly and openly to accept the doctrine of Islamic Monotheism),
6. "But all my calling added nothing but to (their) flight (from the truth).
7. "And verily! Every time I called unto them that You might forgive them, they thrust their fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with their garments, and persisted (in their refusal), and magnified themselves in pride.
8. "Then verily, I called to them openly (aloud);
9. "Then verily, I proclaimed to them in public, and I have appealed to them in private,
10. "I said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving;
11. 'He will send rain to you in abundance;
12. 'And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.' "
13. What is the matter with you, [that you fear not Allah (His punishment), and] you hope not for reward (from Allah or you believe not in His Oneness).
14. While He has created you in (different) stages [i.e. first Nutfah, then 'Alaqah and then Mudghah].
15. See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,
16. And has made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp?
17. And Allah has brought you forth from the (dust of) earth.
18. Afterwards He will return you into it (the earth), and bring you forth (again on the Day of Resurrection)?
19. And Allah has made for you the earth wide spread (an expanse).
20. That you may go about therein in broad roads.
21. Nuh (Noah) said: "My Lord! They have disobeyed me, and followed one whose wealth and children give him no increase but only loss.
22. "And they have plotted a mighty plot.
23. "And they have said: 'You shall not leave your gods, nor shall you leave Wadd, nor Suwa', nor Yaghuth, nor Ya'uq, nor Nasr (names of the idols);
24. "And indeed they have led many astray. And (O Allah): 'Grant no increase to the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, and disbelievers, etc.) save error.' "
25. Because of their sins they were drowned, then were made to enter the Fire, and they found none to help them instead of Allah.
26. And Nuh (Noah) said: "My Lord! Leave not one of the disbelievers on the earth!
27. "If You leave them, they will mislead Your slaves, and they will beget none but wicked disbelievers."
28. "My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and him who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women. And to the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, and disbelievers, etc.) grant You no increase but destruction!"