Introduction, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 72 - The Jinn
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened (to the Qur’an). They said, ‘We have really heard a wonderful Recital!
2. ‘It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord.
3. ‘And Exalted is the Majesty of our Lord: He has taken neither a wife nor a son.
4. ‘There were some foolish ones among us, who used to utter extravagant lies against Allah;
5. ‘But we do think that no man or spirit should say aught that untrue against Allah.
6. ‘True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.
7. ‘And they (came to) think as ye thought, that Allah would not raise up any one (to Judgment).
8. ‘And we pried into the secrets of heaven; but we found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.
9. ‘We used, indeed, to sit there in (hidden) stations, to (steal) a hearing; but any who listen now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.
10. ‘And we understand not whether ill is intended to those on earth, or whether their Lord (really) intends to guide them to right conduct.
11. ‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary: we follow divergent paths.
12. ‘But we think that we can by no means frustrate Allah throughout the earth, nor can we frustrate Him by flight.
13. ‘And as for us, since we have listened to the Guidance, we have accepted it: and any who believes in his Lord has no fear, either of a short (account) or of any injustice.
14. ‘Amongst us are some that submit their wills (to Allah), and some that swerve from justice. Now those who submit their wills - they have sought out (the path) of right conduct:
15. ‘But those who swerve - they are (but) fuel for Hell-fire’ -
16. (And Allah’s Message is): “If they (the Pagans) had (only) remained on the (right) Way, We should certainly have bestowed on them Rain in abundance.
17. “That We might try them by that (means). But if any turns away from the remembrance of his Lord, He will cause him to undergo a severe Penalty.
18. “And the places of worship are for Allah (alone): So invoke not any one along with Allah;
19. “Yet when the Devotee of Allah stands forth to invoke Him, they just make round him a dense crowd.”
20. Say: “I do no more than invoke my Lord, and I join not with Him any (false god).”
21. Say: “It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to right conduct.”
22. Say: “No one can deliver me from Allah (If I were to disobey Him), nor should I find refuge except in Him,
23. “Unless I proclaim what I receive from Allah and His Messages: for any that disobey Allah and His Apostle - for them is Hell: they shall dwell therein for ever.”
24. At length, when they see (with their own eyes) that which they are promised - then will they know who it is that is weakest in (his) helper and least important in point of numbers.
25. Say: “I know not whether the (Punishment) which ye are promised is near, or whether my Lord will appoint for it a distant term.
26. “He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries -
27. “Except an apostle whom He has chosen: and then He makes a band of watchers march before him and behind him,
28. “That He may know that they have (truly) brought and delivered the Messages of their Lord: and He surrounds (all the mysteries) that are with them, and takes account of every single thing.
|72. Surah Al-Jinn (The Jinn)
1. Say (O Muhammad): "It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinns listened (to this Qur'an). They said: 'Verily! We have heard a wonderful Recital (this Qur'an)!
2. 'It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allah).
3. 'And exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, He has taken neither a wife, nor a son (or offspring or children).
4. 'And that the foolish among us [i.e. Iblis (Satan) or the polytheists amongst the jinns] used to utter against Allah that which was wrong and not right.
5. 'And verily, we thought that men and jinns would not utter a lie against Allah.
6. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief.
7. 'And they thought as you thought, that Allah will not send any Messenger (to mankind or jinns).
8. 'And we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.
9. 'And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.
10. 'And we know not whether evil is intended for those on earth, or whether their Lord intends for them a Right Path.
11. 'There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups each having a different way (religious sect, etc.).
12. 'And we think that we cannot escape (from the punishment of) Allah in the earth, nor can we escape (from the punishment) by flight.
13. 'And indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Qur'an), we believed therein (Islamic Monotheism), and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an increase in punishment for his sins.
14. 'And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allah, after listening to this Qur'an), and of us some are Al-Qasitun (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path)'. And whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allah), then such have sought the Right Path."
15. And as for the Qasitun (disbelievers who deviated from the Right Path), they shall be firewood for Hell,
16. If they (non-Muslims) had believed in Allah, and went on the Right Way (i.e. Islam) We should surely have bestowed on them water (rain) in abundance.
17. That We might try them thereby. And whosoever turns away from the Reminder of his Lord (i.e. this Qur'an, and practice not its laws and orders), He will cause him to enter in a severe torment (i.e. Hell).
18. And the mosques are for Allah (Alone), so invoke not anyone along with Allah.
19. (It has been revealed to me that) When the slave of Allah (Muhammad) stood up invoking (his Lord Allah) in prayer to Him they (the jinns) just made round him a dense crowd as if sticking one over the other (in order to listen to the Prophet's recitation).
20. Say (O Muhammad): "I invoke only my Lord (Allah Alone), and I associate none as partners along with Him."
21. Say: "It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path."
22. Say (O Muhammad): "None can protect me from Allah's punishment (if I were to disobey Him), nor should I find refuge except in Him.
23. "(Mine is) but conveyance (of the truth) from Allah and His Messages (of Islamic Monotheism), and whosoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, then verily, for him is the Fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever."
24. Till, when they see that which they are promised, then they will know who it is that is weaker concerning helpers and less important concerning numbers.
25. Say (O Muhammad): "I know not whether (the punishment) which you are promised is near or whether my Lord will appoint for it a distant term.
26. "(He Alone) the All-Knower of the Gha'ib (unseen), and He reveals to none His Gha'ib (unseen)."
27. Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him.
28. [He (Allah) protects them (the Messengers)], till He sees that they (the Messengers) have conveyed the Messages of their Lord (Allah). And He (Allah) surrounds all that which is with them, and He (Allah) keeps count of all things (i.e. He knows the exact number of everything).