Introduction, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 79 - Those Who Drag Forth
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. By the (angels) who tear out (the souls of the wicked) with violence;
2. By those who gently draw out (the souls of the blessed);
3. And by those who glide along (on errands of mercy),
4. Then press forward as in a race,
5. Then arrange to do (the Commands of their Lord),
6. One Day everything that can be in commotion will be in violent commotion,
7. Followed by oft-repeated (commotions):
8. Hearts that Day will be in agitation;
9. Cast down will be (their owners’) eyes.
10. They say (now): “What! Shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state?
11. “What! - when we shall have become rotten bones?”
12. They say: “It would, in that case, be a return with loss!”
13. But verily, it will be but a single (Compelling) Cry,
14. When, behold, they will be in the (full) awakening (to Judgment).
15. Has the story of Moses reached thee?
16. Behold, thy Lord did call to him in the sacred valley of Tuwa -
17. “Go thou to Pharaoh for he has indeed transgressed all bounds:
18. “And say to him, ‘Wouldst thou that thou shouldst be purified (from sin)? -
19. “ ‘And that I guide thee to thy Lord, so thou shouldst fear Him?’ ”
20. Then did (Moses) show him the Great Sign.
21. But (Pharaoh) rejected it and disobeyed (guidance);
22. Further, he turned his back, striving hard (against Allah).
23. Then he collected (his men) and made a proclamation,
24. Saying, “I am your Lord, Most High.”
25. But Allah did punish him, (and made an) example of him - in the Hereafter, as in this life.
26. Verily in this is an instructive warning for whosoever feareth (Allah).
27. What! Are ye the more difficult to create or the heaven (above)? (Allah) hath constructed it:
28. On high hath He raised its canopy, and He hath given it order and perfection.
29. Its night doth He endow with darkness, and its splendour doth He bring out (with light).
30. And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse);
31. He draweth out therefrom its moisture and its pasture;
32. And the mountains hath He firmly fixed -
33. For use and convenience to you and your cattle.
34. Therefore, when there comes the great, overwhelming (Event) -
35. The Day when man shall remember (all) that he strove for,
36. And Hell-Fire shall be placed in full view for (all) to see -
37. Then, for such as had transgressed all bounds,
38. And had preferred the life of this world,
39. The Abode will be Hell-Fire;
40. And for such as had entertained the fear of standing before their Lord’s (tribunal) and had restrained (their) soul from lower desires,
41. Their abode will be the Garden.
42. They ask thee about the Hour - ‘When will be its appointed time?
43. Wherein art thou (concerned) with the declaration thereof?
44. With thy Lord in the Limit fixed therefor.
45. Thou art but a Warner for such as fear it.
46. The Day they see it, (It will be) as if they had tarried but a single evening, or (at most till) the following morn!
|79. Surah An-Nazi'aat (Those Who pull out)
1. By those (angels) who pull out (the souls of the disbelievers and the wicked) with great violence;
2. By those (angels) who gently take out (the souls of the believers);
3. And by those that swim along (i.e. angels or planets in their orbits, etc.).
4. And by those that press forward as in a race (i.e. the angels or stars or the horses, etc.).
5. And by those angels who arrange to do the Commands of their Lord, (so verily, you disbelievers will be called to account).
6. On the Day (when the first blowing of the Trumpet is blown), the earth and the mountains will shake violently (and everybody will die),
7. The second blowing of the Trumpet follows it (and everybody will be raised up),
8. (Some) hearts that Day will shake with fear and anxiety.
9. Their eyes cast down.
10. They say: "Shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state of life?
11. "Even after we are crumbled bones?"
12. They say: "It would in that case, be a return with loss!"
13. But only, it will be a single Zajrah [shout (i.e., the second blowing of the Trumpet)].
14. When, behold, they find themselves over the earth alive after their death,
15. Has there come to you the story of Musa (Moses)?
16. When his Lord called him in the sacred valley of Tuwa,
17. Go to Fir'aun (Pharaoh), verily, he has transgressed all bounds (in crimes, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.).
18. And say to him: "Would you purify yourself (from the sin of disbelief by becoming a believer)",
19. And that I guide you to your Lord, so you should fear Him?
20. Then [Musa (Moses)] showed him the great sign (miracles).
21. But [Fir'aun (Pharaoh)] belied and disobeyed;
22. Then he turned his back, striving hard (against Allah).
23. Then he gathered his people and cried aloud,
24. Saying: "I am your lord, most high",
25. So Allah, seized him with punishment for his last [i.e. his saying: "I am your lord, most high")] and first [(i.e. his saying, "O chiefs! I know not that you have a god other than I"] transgression.
26. Verily, in this is an instructive admonition for whosoever fears Allah.
27. Are you more difficult to create, or is the heaven that He constructed?
28. He raised its height, and He has equally ordered it,
29. Its night He covers with darkness, and its forenoon He brings out (with light).
30. And after that He spread the earth;
31. And brought forth therefrom its water and its pasture;
32. And the mountains He has fixed firmly;
33. (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
34. But when there comes the greatest catastrophe (i.e. the Day of Recompense, etc.),
35. The Day when man shall remember what he strove for,
36. And Hell-fire shall be made apparent in full view for (every) one who sees,
37. Then, for him who Tagha (transgressed all bounds, in disbelief, oppression and evil deeds of disobedience to Allah).
38. And preferred the life of this world (by following his evil desires and lusts),
39. Verily, his abode will be Hell-fire;
40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.
41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.
42. They ask you (O Muhammad) about the Hour, - when will be its appointed time?
43. You have no knowledge to say anything about it,
44. To your Lord belongs (the knowledge of) the term thereof?
45. You (O Muhammad) are only a warner for those who fear it,
46. The Day they see it, (it will be) as if they had not tarried (in this world) except an afternoon or a morning.