|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 82 - The Cleaving
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. When the Sky is cleft asunder;
2. When the Stars are scattered;
3. When the Oceans are suffered to burst forth;
4. And when the Graves are turned upside down -
5. (Then) shall each soul know what it hath sent forward and (what it hath) kept back.
6. O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent? -
7. Him Who created thee. Fashioned thee in due proportion, and gave thee a just bias;
8. In whatever Form He wills, does He put thee together.
9. Day! Nit ye do reject Right and Judgment!
10. But verily over you (are appointed angels) to protect you -
11. Kind and honourable - Writing down (your deeds):
12. They know (and understand) all that ye do.
13. As for the Righteous, they will be in bliss;
14. And the Wicked - they will be in the Fire,
15. Which they will enter on the Day of Judgment,
16. And they will not be able to keep away therefrom.
17. And what will explain to thee what the Day of Judgment is?
18. Again, what will explain to thee what the Day of Judgment is?
19. (It will be) the Day when no soul shall have power (to do) aught for another: For the command, that Day, will be (wholly) with Allah."
|82. Surah Al-Infitaar (The Cleaving)
1. When the heaven is cleft asunder.
2. And when the stars have fallen and scattered;
3. And when the seas are burst forth;
4. And when the graves are turned upside down (and they bring out their contents)
5. (Then) a person will know what he has sent forward and (what he has) left behind (of good or bad deeds).
6. O man! What has made you careless concerning your Lord, the Most Generous?
7. Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion;
8. In whatever form He willed, He put you together.
9. Nay! But you deny the Recompense (reward for good deeds and punishment for evil deeds).
10. But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of mankind) to watch you,
11. Kiraman (honourable) Katibin writing down (your deeds),
12. They know all that you do.
13. Verily, the Abrar (pious and righteous) will be in delight (Paradise);
14. And verily, the Fujjar (the wicked, disbelievers, sinners and evil-doers) will be in the blazing Fire (Hell),
15. In which they will enter, and taste its burning flame on the Day of Recompense,
16. And they (Al-Fujjar) will not be absent therefrom (i.e. will not go out from the Hell).
17. And what will make you know what the Day of Recompense is?
18. Again, what will make you know what the Day of Recompense is?
19. (It will be) the Day when no person shall have power (to do) anything for another, and the Decision, that Day, will be (wholly) with Allah.