|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 85 - The Mansions Of The Stars
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. By the sky, (displaying) the Zodiacal Signs;
2. By the promised Day (of Judgment);
3. By one that witnesses, and the subject of the witness -
4. Woe to the makers of the pit (of fire),
5. Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel:
6. Behold! They sat over against the (fire),
7. And they witnessed (all) that they were doing against the Believers.
8. And they ill-treated them for no other reason than that they believed in Allah, Exalted in Power, Worthy of all Praise! -
9. Him to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness to all things.
10. Those who persecute (or draw into temptation) the Believers, men and women, and do not turn in repentance, will have the Penalty of Hell: They will have the Penalty of the Burning Fire.
11. For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the great Salvation, (the fulfillment of all desires),
12. Truly strong is the Grip (and Power) of thy Lord.
13. It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and He can restore (life).
14. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Full of Loving-Kindness,
15. Lord of the Throne of Glory,
16. Doer (without let) of all that He intends.
17. Has the story reached thee, of the forces -
18. Of Pharaoh and the Thamud?
19. And yet the Unbelievers (persist) in rejecting (the Truth)!
20. But Allah doth encompass them from behind!
21. Day, this is a Glorious Qur’an,
22. (Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!
|85. Surah Al-Burooj (The Big Stars)
1. By the heaven, holding the big stars.
2. And by the Promised Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection);
3. And by the witnessing day (i.e. Friday), and by the witnessed day [i.e. the day of 'Arafat (Hajj) the ninth of Dhul-Hijjah];
4. Cursed were the people of the ditch (the story of the Boy and the King).
5. Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel,
6. When they sat by it (fire),
7. And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers (i.e. burning them).
8. They had nothing against them, except that they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise!
9. Who, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness over everything.
10. Verily, those who put into trial the believing men and believing women (by torturing them and burning them), and then do not turn in repentance, (to Allah), will have the torment of Hell, and they will have the punishment of the burning Fire.
11. Verily, those who believe and do righteous good deeds, for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). That is the great success.
12. Verily, (O Muhammad) the Grip (Punishment) of your Lord is severe.
13. Verily, He it is Who begins (punishment) and repeats (punishment in the Hereafter) (or originates the creation of everything, and then repeats it on the Day of Resurrection).
14. And He is Oft-Forgiving, full of love (towards the pious who are real true believers of Islamic Monotheism),
15. Owner of the throne, the Glorious
16. He does what He intends (or wills).
17. Has the story reached you of the hosts,
18. Of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and Thamud?
19. Nay! The disbelievers (persisted) in denying (Prophet Muhammad and his Message of Islamic Monotheism).
20. And Allah encompasses them from behind! (i.e. all their deeds are within His Knowledge, and He will requite them for their deeds).
21. Nay! This is a Glorious Qur'an,
22. (Inscribed) in Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz (The Preserved Tablet)!