|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 87 - The Most High
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High,
2. Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion;
3. Who hath ordained laws. And granted guidance;
4. And Who bringeth out the (green and luscious) pasture,
5. And then doth make it (but) swarthy stubble.
6. By degrees shall We teach thee to declare (the Message), so thou shalt not forget,
7. Except as Allah wills: For He knoweth what is manifest and what is hidden.
8. And We will make it easy for thee (to follow) the simple (Path).
9. Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer).
10. The admonition will be received by those who fear (Allah):
11. But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate ones,
12. Who will enter the Great Fire,
13. In which they will then neither die nor live.
14. But those will prosper who purify themselves,
15. And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and (lift their hearts) in prayer.
16. Day (behold), ye prefer the life of this world;
17. But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
18. And this is in the Books of the earliest (Revelation) -
19. The Books of Abraham and Moses."
|87. Surah Al-A'la (The Most High)
1. Glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most High,
2. Who has created (everything), and then proportioned it;
3. And Who has measured (preordainments for each and everything even to be blessed or wretched); then guided (i.e. showed mankind the right as well as wrong paths, and guided the animals to pasture);
4. And Who brings out the pasturage,
5. And then makes it dark stubble.
6. We shall make you to recite (the Qur'an), so you (O Muhammad) shall not forget (it),
7. Except what Allah, may will, He knows what is apparent and what is hidden.
8. And We shall make easy for you (O Muhammad) the easy way (i.e. the doing of righteous deeds).
9. Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits (them).
10. The reminder will be received by him who fears (Allah),
11. But it will be avoided by the wretched,
12. Who will enter the great Fire and made to taste its burning,
13. Wherein he will neither die (to be in rest) nor live (a good living).
14. Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism and accepting Islamic Monotheism) shall achieve success,
15. And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allah), and prays (five compulsory prayers and Nawafil additional prayers).
16. Nay, you prefer the life of this world;
17. Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting.
18. Verily! This is in the former Scriptures,
19. The Scriptures of Ibrahim (Abraham) and Musa (Moses).