|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 92 - The Night
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. By the Night as it conceals (the light);
2. By the Day as it appears in glory;
3. By (the mystery of) the creation of male and female -
4. Verily, (the ends) ye strive for are diverse.
5. So he who gives (in charity) and fears (Allah),
6. And (in all sincerity) testifies to the best -
7. We will indeed make smooth for him the path to Bliss.
8. But he who is a greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient,
9. And gives the lie to the best -
10. We will indeed make smooth for him the path to Misery;
11. Nor will his wealth profit him when he falls headlong (into the Pit).
12. Verily We take upon Ourselves to guide,
13. And verily unto Us (belong) the End and the Beginning.
14. Therefore do I warn you of a Fire blazing fiercely;
15. None shall reach it but those most unfortunate ones
16. Who give the lie to Truth and turn their backs.
17. But those most devoted to Allah shall be removed far from it -
18. Those who spend their wealth for increase in self-purification,
19. And have in their minds no favour from anyone for which a reward is expected in return,
20. But only the desire to seek for the Countenance of their Lord Most High;
21. And soon will they attain (complete) satisfaction."
|92. Surah Al-Lail (The Night)
1. By the night as it envelops;
2. And by the day as it appears in brightness;
3. And by Him Who created male and female;
4. Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse (different in aims and purposes);
5. As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and fears Him,
6. And believes in Al-Husna.
7. We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness).
8. But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient.
9. And gives the lie to Al-Husna
10. We will make smooth for him the path for evil;
11. And what will his wealth benefit him when he goes down (in destruction).
12. Truly! Ours it is (to give) guidance,
13. And truly, unto Us (belong) the last (Hereafter) and the first (this world).
14. Therefore I have warned you of a Fire blazing fiercely (Hell);
15. None shall enter it save the most wretched,
16. Who denies and turns away.
17. And Al-Muttaqun (the pious and righteous) will be far removed from it (Hell).
18. He who spends his wealth for increase in self-purification,
19. And have in his mind no favour from anyone for which a reward is expected in return,
20. Except only the desire to seek the Countenance of his Lord, the Most High;
21. He surely will be pleased (when he will enter Paradise).