|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 93 - The Morning Hours
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. By the Glorious Morning Light,
2. And by the Night when it is still -
3. Thy Guardian-Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor is He displeased.
4. And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present.
5. And soon will thy Guardian-Lord give thee (that wherewith) thou shalt be well-pleased.
6. Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)?
7. And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance.
8. And He found thee in need, and made thee independent.
9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with harshness,
10. Nor repulse the petitioner (unheard);
11. But the bounty of the Lord - rehearse and proclaim!
|93. Surah Ad-Duha (The Forenoon - After Sunrise)
1. By the forenoon (after sun-rise);
2. And by the night when it is still (or darkens);
3. Your Lord (O Muhammad) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.
4. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).
5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good) so that you shall be well-pleased.
6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad) an orphan and gave you a refuge?
7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'an, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?
8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment, etc.)?
9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,
10. And repulse not the beggar;
11. And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces).