|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 97 - Power
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. We have indeed revealed this (Message) in the Night of Power:
2. And what will explain to thee what the night of power is?
3. The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
4. Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah’s permission, on every errand:
5. Peace!…This until the rise of morn!
|97. Surah Al-Qadr (The Night of Decree)
1. Verily! We have sent it (this Qur'an) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree)
2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah's Permission with all Decrees,
5. Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.