The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SDA), is a controversial church. It teaches soul sleep, annihilationism, the investigative judgment, and that Satan will eventually bear our sins and be cast into outer darkness. It is at best, aberrant. Following is a brief list of the structure of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Each Church elects its own officers: elders, deacons, deaconesses, clerks, treasurers, and department leaders.
- The minister of a local church is appointed by the local conference.
- The local conference consists of local churches in a designated area.
- Officers of the local conference are elected every three years.
- Union conferences are comprised of local conferences in a designated area.
- Union conference officers are elected every five years.
- The division is comprised of two or more union conferences with officers elected every five years.
- General conference encompasses all divisions with officers elected every five years.