- The Bible is inspired and the word of God.
- Trinitarian: The Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all one God in three persons.
- Jesus is God and has always existed with the Father.
- The Holy Spirit is a person.
- Jesus' sacrifice was vicarious.
- Salvation is by grace, not works.
- Jesus rose from the dead physically in his glorified body.
- Jesus ascended bodily into heaven.
- Baptism is by immersion
- The literal, visible return of Jesus.
- Jesus will return to set up a millennial kingdom. They are Premillennial.
- Literal six day creation, not long periods.
- Denies the doctrine of predestination
- Denies baptism by sprinkling
- Denies infant baptism.
- Denies the immortality of the soul.
- Denies the eternality of hell fire.
- Denies any use of alcohol (as a drink) or tobacco.
- Our sins will ultimately be placed on Satan.1
- Jesus is Michael the Archangel.
- Worship must be done on Saturday (the Sabbath).
- On October 22, 1844 Jesus entered the second and last phase of his atoning work.
- Investigative Judgment - the fate of all people will be decided based upon this event in the future.
- The dead do not exist anymore -- soul sleep.
- The wicked are annihilated.
- Ellen G. White, the "founder" of Seventh Day Adventism, was a messenger from God gifted with the spirit of prophecy.
- There is a sanctuary in heaven where Jesus carries out his mediatorial work.
This article is also available in: Español
- 1. White, Ellen, The Great Controversy, p. 422, 485.