Jump to navigation
- Children are a gift from God
- Genesis 33:5, "And he lifted his eyes and saw the women and the children, and said, “Who are these with you?” So he said, “The children whom God has graciously given your servant.”
- Children listen to your parents
- Proverbs 4:1-5, "Hear, O sons, the instruction of a father, and give attention that you may gain understanding, 2 For I give you sound teaching; do not abandon my instruction. 3 When I was a son to my father, tender and the only son in the sight of my mother, 4 Then he taught me and said to me, “Let your heart hold fast my words; Keep my commandments and live; 5 Acquire wisdom! Acquire understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth."
- Proverbs 23:22, "Listen to your father who begot you, and do not despise your mother when she is old."
- Ephesians 6:1-4, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), 3 that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth. 4 And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
- Train your Children
- Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."
- Proverbs 29:17, "Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul."
- Ephesians 3:21, "Fathers, do not exasperate your children, that they may not lose heart."
- Colossians 3:21, " Fathers, do not exasperate your children, that they may not lose heart."