Following is a representative list of statements that can help you establish a Christian Worldview. This list is not exhaustive. But it is a good cross-section of Biblically-derived principles that should help as you seek to understand a Biblical worldview. As you study them, notice how they would affect your beliefs and actions about various topics: God, church, evangelism, creation, worship, family, sin, salvation, homosexuality, abortion, etc.
Principles are like a fountain from which other beliefs and actions flow. The closer you are to Biblical beliefs, the better able you will be to carry out the commission of our Lord and Savior to make disciples of all nations, to glorify Him, and to understand His creation.
- There is a God (Isaiah 43:10, 11, 44:6, 8, 45:5).
- The Christian Trinity is the only God (Gen. 1:26, Zech. 12:10, 2 Cor. 13:14, John 1:1).
- God has revealed Himself in three ways: In creation, in the Bible, and in Jesus (Rom. 1:18-20, I Cor. 15:3, John 5:39, Acts 10:43, Heb. 1:1-3, John 14:9).
- God created the universe and all that is in it with order and design--the universe is not an accident (Gen. 1, Isaiah 44:24, 45:18, Jer. 27:5, Neh. 9:6).
- All life on earth was created by God with a design and a purpose--life did not evolve (Gen. 1:11, 12, 21, 24, 25, I Cor. 15:38, 39).
- The unseen supernatural world is just as real as the physical world (Eph. 6:12, Job 1:6, Mark 5:2, Matt. 12:22).
- God made man in His own image distinct from the animals--man did not evolve (Gen. 1:26-27, 2:7, 1 Cor. 11:7).
- Man from conception is human and possesses dignity due to being made in God's image (Job 31:15, Ps. 22:10, 139:13, Hosea 12:3, Luke 1:41-44).
- The first humans were Adam and Eve (Gen. 2, Rom. 5:14, 1 Cor. 15:22, 45, 1 Tim. 2:13).
- Adam and Eve were the first family (male and female) according to the purpose of God for procreation and glorifying Him--homosexuality, therefore, is unnatural (Gen. 1:28, 2:21-25).
- Man is morally responsible and answerable to God (Ex. 15:26, 1 Kings 11:38, Rom. 2:16, Ps. 50:6, 82:8, James 1:21).
- God gave dominion of the earth to Adam and Eve and thus to their descendants (Gen. 1:28, Titus 1:7).
- Man is steward of God's creation and is to subdue the world in a manner consistent with Biblical revelation (Gen. 1-2, 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- Sin entered the world through Adam and Eve (Gen. 3:1-6, Rom. 5:12-14).
- All people have sinned and are in need of salvation (Rom. 3:23).
- Only God can save. Man cannot save himself (Matt. 19:25-26).
- Jesus is the only way to escape the judgment of God (Acts. 4:12, John 14:6).
- The Christian Gospel is the key to the conversion of all people (1 Cor. 15:1-4, Mark 8:35, 13:10, Rom. 1:16).
- The Bible is the inspired revelation from God and correct and authoritative in all it addresses (2 Tim. 3:16-17, Acts 17:11, Amos 3:7).
- The Bible reflects the true and moral character of God, therefore, truth and morals are knowable and absolute, not relative (Exodus 20:1-17).
- Government is ordained by God and is God's provision for order and safety in society (Rom. 13:1-7, John 19:11).
- Christians are to follow the laws of the land except where they contradict the Bible (Acts 5:29, 4:19).
- Christians are to evangelize the world (Matt. 28:18-19, Ps. 22:17).
- All areas of life are subject to God and should have Christian principles guiding them: personal, public, and political matters as well as medicine, science, art, literature, etc. (Gen. 1:28, Matt. 28:19-20).
- All areas of life are Christian mission fields: political, medicine, science, art, literature, education, technology, family, economics, etc. (Gen. 1:28, Matt. 28:19-20).
This article is also available in: Español