by Matt Slick
We need to write about homosexuality because it is addressed in the Bible, it is a moral issue, and it affects society. Therefore, it also affects religious and social institutions. As the influence of homosexuality increases, it will continue to invade our churches, our homes, our families, and affect change around us. Therefore, we need to have rational and biblical defenses for the Christian position as well as an examination of the problems that homosexuality brings.
The Bible clearly condemns homosexuality as a sin, and Christians who seriously follow God's Word must also condemn it as sin. Consider these words:
- Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
- Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
- 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,1 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
- Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
Homosexuals want others in society to accept them as normal people with normal sexual behavior patterns. They are working hard to change moral, social, and political opinion to be more in line with what they want. They are not content to be by themselves. They want others to accept them as a philosophically, morally, and ideologically valid. They want to change the opinions of people. In short, they want to change society. Therefore, it is necessary to write about something that can so drastically affect the moral fabric of this country.
The more the homosexual agenda gains power, the more we are all affected. If a public school has pro-homosexual agendas taught to my children, I am robbed of my parental right to have my child not be taught that it is morally okay. If I want to rent a room in my own house to someone, the homosexual lobbyists might very well work against me because I would show discretion based on "sexual orientation." This means that my children in my own home could be forced to be around a moral behavior which I consider to be wrong and even dangerous (as health statistics point out). For now, at least, I can reject pedophiles as renters--but who knows how much longer that will be the case.
Christians are increasingly being penalized for their views on homosexual issues. For example, consider the following:
- Roman Catholic orphanages have been threatened with legal action if they don't accept homosexual couples when considering adoption.1.
- In Colorado, pro-homosexual laws are threatening churches. 2 "The law provides an exemption allowing religious groups to continue teaching, inside their doors, the Bible's condemnation of homosexuality." Think about it, "allowing" religious groups to preach what they believe according to the Bible?
- "In Canada, a human rights tribunal ordered a Christian pastor to renounce his faith and never again express moral opposition homosexuality"3
- A Florida teacher was suspended for posting anti-gay views on marriage on his Facebook page that was his personal comment made on his personal time on his personal computer in his personal house. I guess voicing your personal opinion isn't okay with the homosexual agenda.4
These brief examples are evidence enough that it is necessary to write about homosexuality and try to deal, if only a little, with its intrusion into all areas of society. We need to be made aware of what is happening; and, hopefully, we need to be able to answer the pro-homosexual movement.
- 1. http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=1387642.
Also, CARM does not consider Roman Catholicism to be within that pale of orthodoxy but it is here listed generically under the heading of Christian
- 2. http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=66829
- 3. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66704
- 4. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fla-teacher-suspended-for-posting-anti-gay-marriage-views-on-facebook/