The nature of truth is debated, but truth is a statement that accurately reflects reality, logic, and/or morality. That which is true cannot be self-contradictory. There are different theories on truth such as . . .
- Coherence theory of truth says that truth is a set of coherent propositions from which truth statements are developed.
- Consensus theory of truth states that truth is dependent upon what is agreed upon by a group of people.
- Correspondence theory of truth says that truth corresponds to actuality.
- Linguistic theory of truth states that truth is a product of language.
- Pragmatic theory of truth states that truth is what is tested as being functionally valid in that it works in the real world. Science would operate with pragmatic truths.