Welcome to the Sept. 28, 2006 Newsletter
From the President, Matt Slick
I will be in San Diego from the 12th of October through, most probably, the 15th. My brother-in-law was arrested in Tijuana, Mexico for buying medicine without a Mexican prescription; he had an American prescription. He has received five years in La Mesa prison in Tijuana. By God's grace my wife was able to establish a great connection with an American minister who goes into the prison on a weekly basis to preach and to encourage the inmates. Because I am a minister I can go into the prison with him to preach; hence my trip to San Diego. Please keep us in prayer.
The radio show is doing very well. By God's grace we have had many guests in the studio and have also encountered many good call-in's. My goal is to use the show to glorify God, to equip Christians, and to minister to the lost. I truly enjoy the interaction with callers and am very comfortable behind the microphone. I thank the Lord for his mercy in opening up the show. Please pray for it and please pray for the owners of the Christian radio station who have stood behind me and have been very gracious in their arrangement pertaining to costs.
If you would like to hear the show, you can check out the podcast at http://feeds.feedburner.com/carmorgpodcasting. Last month we had over 6000 downloaded shows via the podcast system (each show is around 25 megs in size). That is a lot more than we anticipated and we may end up charging $.50 or a dollar per download to help defray costs; after all, CARM gets over 1.2 million page views per month and the discussion boards get around 2 million per month. So, CARM is a Ministry is being accessed over 3 million times a month. That is a lot of bandwidth.
Theology school - we are converting the theology school on CARM to book form. We hope to offer it in hardback as well as spiral formats. We will include a section at the beginning of the books that detail how to go through the school at different rates, i.e., 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, etc. The goal is to provide material for Bible study and Sunday school classes where people can learn the basics of Christian theology. Having a good foundation is very important in understanding the Bible as well as proclaiming and defending the Christian faith. It has been a difficult project together, but we hope that it will be finished shortly.
Pray for the soldiers
I received an e-mail request to mention our soldiers in Iraq. Apparently when Muslims capture American soldiers they interrogate them and torture them. The e-mail described a particular torture -- which I cannot repeat in this newsletter. But it was truly heinous. Our soldiers need support and the best way we can give it is to pray for them. Please lift them up for their safety and that they can come home soon.
Also, I want to thank all the men and women who are in the service and who have served in the military. Because of your efforts you have made this country safer. So thank you.
The CARM homepage is being accessed about 36,000 times a week. The entire site is being accessed just over 300,000 times a week. Praise God
Do you have any suggestions for the newsletter or the CARM website? If so, let me know at [email protected]. Thanks.
I have been trying to find a quiz program on the Internet but haven't had much success. If you know of a good program that would allow me to develop quizzes that are interactive, web-based, and would that I can modify to look like the "CARM style", please let me know at [email protected]
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- There is one thing I can telll about anyone who have no idea as to what they are talking about. such as an somone like yourself. You evade teh questions by trying to insult others because of your lack of knowledge You still have not answered the question maybe it's you with the addittude..maybe you need to research your so call interpretations before you began to critizize others . FYI. I dont' follow anyone but my own judgments! The real Fact is You have no idea of what you are talking about.. that is why you are offended. ..and you probably wrote a stupid letter to pasor Murray and he gave you the truth which demon's such as yourself can't stand the truth....it puts a light on what they are really about!!!!Do you even have BRAIN?
- Who taught you to read the bible? www.carm.org is pathetic. Even JWs can do it better. Im sorry about this. I had to say something. There are many errors...
- Have you read any books on Babylon and the Trinity? Have you studied yet? Get your wicked web site off the internet. You need to soon before Yahweh rebukes you with fire.
- Slick is the perfect name for a deciver. if the devil existed and came to earth im sure he would call himself somthing like "mat slick".
- Love mail
- I just have to tell you all again, I am just totally amazed by your web site. God is all over your ministry. I have been studying God's Word since 1963 and I recognize truth in teaching when I study it. I am so happy that God is so revealing every moment. Thank you and God Bless you more and more.
- I am sooo thankful to find this web page. I agree wholeheartedly with your writings about Pastor Murray. I've been listening to him on tv and I have been so distressed in my spirit and I just knew God would bear witness with my spirit that he was teaching soo much wrong. I just wanted to say Bless the Lord.
- I just wanted to thank you for the great web page. I hope that your work will minister to the LDS people that visit. (I became a Christian 4 years ago next month) I too was a member of the LDS
church for 35+ years. I too believed it was true. I too did get the burning in my bosom... but years later realized I get the same burning when I purchase a new car! Keep up the good work!
- Greetings Matt and God bless you. i do not know where to start, but one thing sure is that i thank God for the website (carm), which has become my instructor. Having accepted the Lord Jesus into my life just recently, i needed teachings like those i find in this web to grow and to witness with boldness and love. i have realized that without knowledge it is frustrating to try and tell someone about the Lord especially in my country where religion is high. Be blessed and continue your good work.
- Thank you, CARM staff, for your diligence in defending the faith. My life goal is to write a book that not only exposes the heresy of the Christadelphian doctrine, but, by the grace of God, will open their ears to hear the gospel and see the true and living triune God. Because of this, the discussion groups will be an excellent source in obtaining their arguments. It was because of a series of debates that Bro. Matt and a few of his colleagues set up with the Los Angeles Ecclesia, that I heard the gospel for the first time. That was approximately 17 years ago...and I praise God for His mercy on me. I am so grateful to the dedicated workers of Christ who are willing to be on the frontline.
Same as Last Newsletter
Please consider supporting CARM financially: here
Prayer Ministry - CARM does have a prayer Ministry. If you are interested in joining us as we pray for others' needs, or if you have needs that you need prayer for, please go to http://www.carm.org/prayer.htm and sign up.
Online Schools. Theology, Apologetics, and Critical Thinking. You can support CARM and also learn.
Discussion Boards - http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/index.php. We have a very active discussion boards.
Chat Room - http://www.carm.org/boards/chat.htm. Want a live discussion?
Live Radio Show! - The show is called "Faith and Reason with Matt Slick." I am on for one hour, five days a week, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). It's a live call-in show where people can ask all kinds of questions dealing with Christianity, the Bible, cults, counseling, the occult, etc. You can call in to the number is 208-377-3790 and/or listen live via the Internet at www.myfamilyradio.com on the AM station.
Podcasting CARM now has podcasting ability for past radio shows: http://feeds.feedburner.com/carmorgpodcasting.
Weekly Teaching Time on Paltalk - Every Tuesday evening I host a live discussion room on paltalk.com. Paltalk is a free voice chat system that is quite good. It is full of Christians as well as non-Christians and the battles over truth are frequent. It is however, a good place to learn how to defend your faith. If interested, please join us for our weekly discussion by going to paltalk, download the program, and join us on Tuesday evenings at 8pm, Mountain time.
Do you have any suggestions for the CARM newsletter or the CARM website? If so, please contact us at [email protected]. We want to know what you think, areas of need that you would like to see addressed, as well as any comments you might have.
From the Theological Dictionary
Be fishers of men, not keepers of the aquarium
Rev. Matt Slick, your missionary to the Internet. Equipping the church to defend the faith in a secular society.
Walvoord, John F., and Zuck, Roy B., The Bible Knowledge Commentary, (Wheaton, Illinois: Scripture Press Publications, Inc.) 1983, 1985.