Welcome to the Nov. 17, 2006 Newsletter
From the President, Matt Slick
If you are at all familiar with Wikipedia, you might want to check out the articles about me and Carm by using the search feature there (www.wikipedia.com). Apparently, some atheists have authored two articles: "Matt Slick" and "Carm." Of course, they claim they are objective, but they are not. They link to most any anti-carm or anti-matt slick "hate" websites they can find and under the "criticism" section, word things in such a way as to make it appear that I am narrowminded, afraid of rational dialogue, a bigot, etc. They have changed the correction edits to the article every time and have linked to forums and hate sites authored by atheists and liberals that attack me and CARM. When Christians have tried to go in to make corrections, the atheists remove them and have even had the administrators for Wikipedia assisting them. Now the Wikipedia administrators apparently block anyone that edits in favor of CARM.
It seems that only the atheists and liberals have the right to edit the articles and I'm sure they are thoroughly enjoying this little bit of revenge. After all, about two years ago on the CARM discussion boards, a group of atheists received the short end of of the stick on a discussion on morality with me. They're still, apparently, upset about this and are still obsessed with CARM and my person. It is almost like being stalked. Believe me, it is like a soap opera. But, it has definitely helped CARM's popularity.
Anyway, please join us in addressing these articles on Matt Slick and Carm on Wikipedia. Maybe emails to wikipedia from a few thousand Christians would get the proper attention: info-en-q@ wikimedia.org.
Finally, please understand that I have no problem with being criticized. It's just that the articles contain biased information and links to wacko sites, in violation to the Wikipedia rules and they won't allow it to be corrected.
Please pray for my father. He is 80 years old and was recently admitted into the hospital with a possible stroke. However, recently the doctors have said they don't think it was a stroke. I'm a bit confused on what really is happening, but the more information I get better I will know. Anyway, if you could pray for him I would appreciate it.
- am very much disappointed by the way you hate Jehovahs Witnesses . So you spent much of your precious time twisting things so much that they can suite your haterd about JW. Well if TRINITY is as biblical and as holy as you claim how come there is not even a single verse in the bible that has the name trinity?
- I think your absolutely crazy. Why do you have to bash other RELIGIONS (not cults)? Are you so insecure about your own religion that you have to point out so called "faults" in others. And your information is completely incorrect. Your totally ignorant. I don't believe in EVERYTHING my religion says (yes I am a mormon) but that DOES NOT mean I can bash it. I respect people's differences. And religion is one of them. You have your religion and we have ours. Can't you respect that? You make me SO mad and I hope that you become better informed and think about getting real facts before you put something up on a web page.
- Matthew, I've tried very hard to help you, but you are a sick man, with a twisted concept of good. I will say that you do apparently believe in social Darwinism since you place anyone with differing views in hell. I will say this, you have an interesting and twisted mind.
- Love mail
- I just wanted to say thank you for your time and effort in everything you do for the Lord.
- Thank you very much for your help in getting the MOAN downloaded. I've successfully retrieved it. CARM has become very important for my bible studies and I greatly appreciate you putting together the online theology schools, the CARM website, and the MOAN. There's so much to learn and I praise the Lord for your work.
- Hey I just wanted to say that I love your website and it is so helpful. I'm already an Christian and belong to a a charismatic Pentecostal. And I love it. I also love the lord with all my heart. It was the pastor of my church that recommended your website. And it is an awesome website at that. I find it really helpful in answering stuff to non-believers. Well I have to go but I just wanted to take time and encourage you this stuff you're doing is awesome.