Welcome to the March 29, 2006 Newsletter
The radio show is going very well and I have had several guests on the air -- with more to come. On Monday the 27th of March, I had on the air an atheist who was supposed to call in via the phone. Shortly before our discussion he invited Dr. Price from the Jesus Seminar to join him in the discussion with me. If you don't know, the Jesus Seminar is an extremely liberal group of "scholars" who work hard to undermine the truth of Christianity. Our interaction on the radio was very interesting and I plan to have these two gentlemen on the show again this coming Monday, April 3rd. If you are interested in listening in, all you need to do is go to www.myfamilyradio.com at 6 p.m. Mountain Time. The show is streamed live over the Internet. Click on the AM radio station icon on the left of their homepage and it will start streaming so you can listen.
On Tuesday, the 28th, I had in the studio a professor of New Testament Greek from the local Bible College. He is a Church of Christ member and believes that baptism is required for salvation. Our discussion was lively and multifaceted. We will probably do this again in about a month and discuss not only the issue of baptism and salvation, but also the nature of man. I found out after the show that he is Pelagian. This means that he denies original sin, denies that we are by nature sinners, and maintains that unbelievers are perfectly capable of choosing or rejecting God without any intervention of God's grace whatsoever. Pelagianism has been condemned in church history as a heresy.
If you want to hear audio streaming of the atheist show, it'll be on http://www.live365.com/stations/matt_slick at 9pm EST and 9:30 am EST for the next few days.
Also, if you have any suggestions for topics and/or guests please email me at [email protected]
The three month trial period to for the radio show is over at the end of this month and the station has agreed to allow me to continue. The only problem is that I cannot afford to continue to pay several hundred dollars a month for the show. Therefore they have agreed to allow me to set up a donation system located here, http://www.carm.org/radio/radio.htm, and whatever comes in via radio support, I will give to them. Let me tell you that this is an exceptionally good deal. The owners of this station seek to honor God and to provide ministry to the body of Christ and they value the radio show. Please keep them in your prayers. If you want to support this radio ministry, please feel free help out at the link above. We would greatly appreciate your donations.
Also, if the Lord so wills, I would love to expand the show into other radio markets. If you have any information that might be helpful regarding a market in your area, please let me know at [email protected]
Over 250 people responded to the last newsletter. Thanks to all of you who did and thanks for the kind comments.
The new discussion boards are still doing very well with about 40 signups a day. They are located at http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/index.php, and they have a LOT of new features that are really great. If you like to interact with those who oppose God's truth, and want to sharpen your witnessing skills, then this is a place for you.
Just a reminder. CARM has two online schools that you can sign up for. One is on theology and it is the most popular and the second one is on apologetics. Each school costs $50 (which is used to run CARM, expenses, etc.) and has about 90 lessons in each. So, if you are interested in both supporting CARM and getting some bang for your buck, check them out. The are located at http://www.carm.org/online.htm
I'm also working on a School of Critical Thinking which I hope to release in a couple weeks. Its purpose is to help Christians think more logically and also be able to cite errors in arguments from critics.
What are they saying about CARM?
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise for the information and research that is available. Here are a few e-mails...in the raw.
- Love mail:
- Carm is an extremely valuable resource that I turn to often to answer questions. I also have introduced many others as well. The newsletter helps to navigate me to new features that I may miss, Rob
- I know you get a lot of emails, so I'll keep it rather short. Thank you, thank you, thank you-- for taking the time and effort to create CARM! It is really helpful when I am searching for answers about the differences between Christianity and other religions/cults. It saddens me that many people are blind to the truth and have followed after false gods and false ideas. Sometimes I feel so alone in my Christian walk, being a Christian teenager in a high school full of secularity. It seems that the students at my school say they are Christians, but contradict their faith and don't stand up to things that contradict Christianity. I want to make a difference in the world-- somehow-- and CARM has helped me find things I'm unsure about. I'm praying for you and your wife. Julia
- I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful website!!! I don't remember exactly where I read it but on one of the pages of your site suggested keeping a Bible diary. What a great idea!! I have started this today and I wish I did this years ago. This is a wonderful way to study the Bible and let the Lord show me what I need to work on. Thank you again for your website!!! God Bless you, Bonnie
- Hello, My husband and I feel most Christian books, ministries and websites are watered down and we live in a world where we are to "accept and not judge". You are not judging others, its the Word of God that does-- you just happen to be quoting it. Doing a GREAT job at it I might add. This ministry was much needed and your growth on your site is exciting and I thank God for your willingness to obey Him. When you said you homeschool your kids I thought there you go real fruit and not surprising to me. Praying for you. We are going to West Africa to minister to Muslims and excited with your Islam items on the site for us to use as resources. Thank you, Latisha
- Hate mail:
- I personally think you are just a stupid fool who tries to prove something and not making a great job out of it...first of all......none of jehovahs witnesses ever said jesus is god...the watch tower does not guide the understanding of the witnesses but it explains the bible better because not many people can understand the bible....and i think you should attack other religions like muslims..who for example make no sence what so ever...now that is THE false religion....think before you try to judge people. Brandon
- You have succumbed to the lowest weakness common to man, Matthew. It is his love of 'rules' that allows him to lord it over others. Added to which, you are Nabal, because no man (much less a woman!) can reason with you. Yes, you have the disease of the Pharisees! But! You have my prayers....and my trust in a faithful God Who will not give you peace anymore until you find a large place in Him. So far, you stand rank and file with the Pharisees, who ....loved their rules also. Sharon
- [from Matt] "Nabal" means "fool" in Hebrew. This woman didn't like it that I said women are not to be pastors.
What do you think of CARM? Why don't you let me know at [email protected]?
CARM has a Chat Room - The CARM chat room is a success and we have had as many as 20 people in it at a time who come from all over. So, if you are interested in chatting with me or others, then check it out. It's located here http://www.carm.org/boards/chat.htm.
Prayer Ministry - CARM does have a prayer Ministry. If you are interested in joining us as we pray for others' needs, or if you have needs that you need prayer for, please go to http://www.carm.org/prayer.htm and sign up.
Live Radio Show! - Live radio show that began on Monday, Jan. 2, 2006. The show is called "Faith and Reason with Matt Slick." I am on for one hour, five days a week, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). It's a live call-in show where people can ask all kinds of questions dealing with Christianity, the Bible, cults, etc. You can call in to the number is 208-377-3790. You can listen to old programs here: http://www.live365.com/stations/matt_slick) and live via the Internet connection at www.myfamilyradio.com on the AM station.
|Radio Show Times|
Monday through Friday
Phone # is 208-377-3790
- Weekly Teaching Time on Paltalk - Every Thursday evening I host a live discussion room on paltalk.com. Paltalk is a free voice chat system that is quite good. Paltalk is full of Christians as well as non-Christians and the battles over truth are frequent. It is however, a good place to learn how to defend your faith. If any of you are interested and would like to check it out, please join us for our weekly discussion by going to paltalk, download the program, and join us on Thursday evenings.
| Paltalk.com | Section = Christianity | Room = CARM|
$5 Support - CARM depends on your support. Please consider supporting CARM.
CARM is reaching thousands and thousands of people all over the world for Jesus Christ. There are very few ways that are more efficient and more effective in preventing the gospel message than the Internet. Your support can go a very long way in further in the kingdom of God. Please consider supporting CARM with $5 a month or whatever you feel led to contribute. It's easy to do and it does help a great deal. If interested, please sign up here.