by Matt Slick
Please understand that I am not in favor of persecuting anybody in the LGBT movement. They can do and believe as they desire - as long as they don't hurt others or force their opinions on people. As a Christian, I believe they will face God on the Day of Judgment, where they will have to deal with their choices and their rebellion against him. Therefore, I urge them all to turn to Christ and seek forgiveness for all of their sins and find peace with God.
Nevertheless, there are dangers with the LGBT lifestyles and agenda. Not every member of the LBGTQ is a threat to decency, or seeking to overthrow churches or want to be activists and push their agenda into the hearts and minds of the members of society. The title the article deals with the dangers of that movement and practice. Therefore, I have included health statistics from the CDC.gov website, indoctrination, persecution by the homosexual cummunity, and finally an analysis of Scripture dealing with Sodom and Gomorrah. I think the insights gleaned from it are important.
- HIV Infection:
- "Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with mena are the population most affected by HIV in the United States. In 2017, adult and adolescent gay and bisexual menb made up 70% (27,000) of the 38,739 new HIV diagnosesc in the United States (US) and dependent areas.d Approximately 492,000 sexually active gay and bisexual men are at high risk for HIV" (https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/)
- "Approximately 58,000 persons were diagnosed with AIDS * in the United States during 1991. During the period 1992-1994, the number of persons newly diagnosed with AIDS is expected to increase by at most a few percent annually, with approximately 60,000-70,000 persons diagnosed per year." (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00020542.htm)
- Infectious preventative measures sometimes ignored
- "Editorial Note: The findings in this report suggest that men who have anal sex with men but do not identify themselves as homosexual or bisexual are not adopting behaviors to reduce their risk for HIV infection with the same frequency as men who self-identify as homosexual or bisexual...Because the data in this report are based on a survey in a single facility and because of the limited sample size for self-identified straight men (n=25), these findings may not be generalizable" (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00018791.htm)
- Higher rate of infection from sexually Transmitted Diseases
- "Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent an incredibly diverse community. However, these men are disproportionately impacted by syphilis, HIV, and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)...New CDC analysis suggests gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are at increased risk for extragenital STDs [i.e., chlamydia or gonorrhea in the throat or rectum] (April 11, 2019)" (https://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/msm.htm)
These are only some of the many statistics that demonstrate the health risks due to the LGBT lifestyle. If it is true that people want to increase the happiness and well-being of people, then why risk homosexual-type activity since the statistics show people be of higher health risk than heterosexual relationships? Well, the reason is that people often prefer to follow their sexual urges then be smart.
Danger via indoctrination of the youth
Unless you have lived in a cave the last few decades, you are aware that the LGBT movement is seeking to have their views on sexual beliefs and behaviors pushed into public schools. Please consider the following quotes.
- "The Equality Act would extend Title IV of the 1964 Civil Rights Act to include sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) as protected classes leading to potential changes to curricula in public schools, requiring texts to affirm and promote radical views of gender and sexuality. Parents in the U.S. and around the world have successfully opposed such curriculum changes, asserting their right to raise and educate their children according to their own beliefs and values. Additionally, many of these parents have concerns about the promotion of gender ideology, which could lead to a rise in youth experiencing gender dysphoria and seeking “transgender medical treatment” with detrimental health effects." (5/15/2019 heritage.org/civil-society/report/sexual-ideology-indoctrination-the-equality-acts-impact-school-curriculum-and, underline added)
- "In response to New York’s recently introduced marriage equality bill, the so-called National Organization for Marriage got a bunch of pictures of black people and some guy who sounds like Foghorn Leghorn to repeat the same lies about indoctrinating schoolchildren that they ran in 2009. They accuse us of exploiting children and in response we say, “NOOO! We’re not gonna make kids learn about homosexuality, we swear! It’s not like we’re trying to recruit your children or anything.” But let’s face it—that’s a lie. We want educators to teach future generations of children to accept queer sexuality. In fact, our very future depends on it...I and a lot of other people want to indoctrinate, recruit, teach, and expose children to queer sexuality AND THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT." (https://www.queerty.com/can-we-please-just-start-admitting-that-we-do-actually-want-to-indoctrinate-kids-20110512, underline added, caps original)
- "GLSEN’s Day of Silence, on April 12th 2019, is a student-led national event where folks take a vow of silence to highlight the silencing and erasure of LGBT people at school. To start, K-12 students and educators should register their participation." (glsen.org/day-silence)
- "I am here to tell you: All that time I said I wasn’t indoctrinating anyone with my beliefs about gay and lesbian and bi and trans and queer people? That was a lie. All 25 years of my career as an LGBT activist, since the very first time as a 16-year-old I went and stood shaking and breathless in front of eleven people to talk about My Story, I have been on a consistent campaign of trying to change people’s minds about us. I want to make them like us. That is absolutely my goal. I want to make your children like people like me and my family, even if that goes against the way you have interpreted the teachings of your religion." (huffpost.com/entry/i-have-come-to-indoctrinate-your-children-lgtbq_b_6795152, underline added)
So what we see is the LGBT community seeking to bring the nation's youth in line with their views on sexuality. As is underlined above, they "want educators to teach future generations of children to accept queer sexuality." They are seeking to use the Equality Act to force curricular changes in the public schools in favor of their sexual views. Now, by what right do they have to force their opinions on others? Furthermore, they know that such indoctrination of the youth violates the conscience of many of the parents. Yet, they show no respect for the wishes of the parents to teach their children as they see fit. In fact, the LGBT community works against it. That is wrong. That is dangerous. That is corrupt.
Persecution by LGBT community
I have already written an article dealing with the "Examples of persecution of people who do not agree with homosexuality." Please refer to that article if you're interested in reading about the hostility towards conservatives and Christians.
But the fact is that the LGBT community is very intolerant of anyone who disagrees with it, and it is working hard to promote its agenda in schools, society, government, along with the repression of religious freedom should anyone God-fearing people resist their demands.
Now, as a Christian theologian, I'm quite familiar with Sodom and Gomorrah. So, I decided to take a look and see if the LGBTQ/homosexual community in that historical account, persecuted anyone based on their "sexual orientation." The answer is a profound, "yes!" Let's take a look.
The Biblical Account of Sodom and Gomorrah and persecution
- Genesis 19:1–9, "Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 And he said, “Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant’s house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way.” They said however, “No, but we shall spend the night in the square. 3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.” 4 "Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5 and they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.” 6 But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him," 7 and said, “Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly. 8 “Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof.” 9 But they said, “Stand aside.” Furthermore, they said, “This one came in as an alien, and already he is acting like a judge; now we will treat you worse than them.” So they pressed hard against Lot and came near to break the door." (underline added)
So, here is a summation of the text.
- Lot strongly urged the angels (appearing as men), to not stay out in the public square? Why? Most probably because he was aware of the aggressive behavior of the homosexual community in which he lived.
- The homosexual community aggressively surrounded Lot's house (v. 4)
- They made a demand to have sex with the visitors. Esentially they wanted to rape them (v. 5)
- They demanded that Lot (who disagreed with them) stand aside so they could have access to his visitors (v. 9). In this they were pushing their views and desires on someone who did not agree with them.
- The homosexual community threatened Lot's physical safety (v. 9)
- They attempted to break into Lot's home in order to rape the visitors (v. 9)
As you can see, the homosexuals of Genesis 19 were very aggressive and demanding. I can't help but notice a lot of similarities between their actions and the actions of the LGBT community today.
So I wonder. Will they stop at the church door, or will they demand church teachings comply with their views? Will they stop trying to indoctrinate our children? Or will they continue to become oppressive and demand that all people accept and even promote their sexual behaviors? I don't believe they will stop. I believe they will continue to push their agenda and threaten those who disagree with them. They will intimidate, condemn, boycott, accuse, and seek to silence those who disagree with them. All of this is, of course, dangerous.