by Matt Slick
The Illuminati Conspiracy is the theory that there is a secret organization comprised of various individuals/families (i.e., Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Warburgs, etc.)1 along with corporations, and, believe it or not, Jesuits in the Roman Catholic Church.2 Through a combined effort they are exercising a strong influence over the economies of nations and are also manipulating elections, the media, education, and wars in an attempt to bring about a "one world government" with a perfect order of harmony.3 To accomplish this, the members of Illuminati (which means "Enlightened") are working for the abolition of independent nation states, private property, inheritance, patriotism, and religion.4 How accurate is the conspiracy? There is no way to know. But, not knowing hasn't stopped a lot of people from proposing a lot of theories -- as this paragraph summarizes.
The Illuminati secret society, have alleged defectors who have provided insider information and have spoken about the coming one world currency and New World Order 5 with a few elite people in control. When their global goal is achieved, all people will be dependent on the governmental system for jobs, security, medicine, entertainment, and basic services. Thus, by controlling these things as well as the media and education, the populace can be guided and be kept under control. But, to do this there can't be free market competition lest control be lost. Perhaps you've clued in that it is largely communistic in its ideology.
The Illuminati exercise their influence through the manipulation and of multinational banks via people in high position as well as the control of numerous, huge international corporations. Their strategy is implemented through "thesis-antithesis." This is a procedure where a societies freedoms are gradually restricted. First, a "crisis" is manufactured that threatens people's security. The government must step in to solve the crisis, but in order to do this, it must gain more power. This new level of governmental control becomes the new norm, the new "thesis." Later, another crisis is manufactured, and the cycle is repeated so that the populace gradually accepts more and more governmental power and less and less personal freedom until finally, they are under the complete domination of the government.
Origins of the Illuminati
During the time of the late 1700's when Britain and France were the superpowers, Adam Weishaupt, a former Jesuit priest, and professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt 6 founded the Illuminati group on May 1st, 1776 in Upper Bavaria, Germany.7. He was a mystic and Kabbalist8 who was able to obtain followers. He finished his master plan for the conversion of the world into a one world government along with the destruction of Christianity on May 1, 1776, a day still commemorated by communist nations.9 The Bavarian government discovered the activities of the group which forced the Illuminati to go underground. They regrouped and ended up, allegedly, orchestrating the Napoleonic Wars in an attempt to "weaken all of the European governments."10 They then eventually succeeded in controlling European banks and helped direct "the creation of Karl Marx's Communist manifesto."11 This secret society has subsidiaries which include the Freemasons, Skull and Bones, and the Bohemian Grove.(2014-06-23). Illuminati Exposed - The Truth About The Illuminati Finally Exposed (Illuminati Books, Conspiracy, Free Masons) (Kindle Location 206). Kindle Edition. The two world wars in the 1900s were orchestrated by the Illuminati, and the coming Third World War is supposed to be between the Muslims and those who support Israel.12
Philosophy of the Illuminati
Like any organization with religious overtones, there must be a philosophy about God and man. Let's start with their view of the nature of man.
- "Man is inherently good."
- "All of man's problems are the result of a bad environment."
- "Man's reason is supreme, and if left unfettered by religious dogma, could create an earthly utopia."
- "Wonderful end justifies any means necessary to achieve it."13
Beliefs of the Illuminati
The beliefs that are held by the Illuminati are supposed to be as follows. (The following information was extracted from the Book "Illuminati Exposed - The Truth About The Illuminati Finally Exposed," (Illuminati Books, Conspiracy, Free Masons) (Kindle Location 98). Kindle Edition.)
- There is a supreme deity.
- However, the supreme deity is not an absolute being that is defined within the halls of Illuminati thought. Instead, it is a being that allows adherence to hold to personal views of who or what their God might be
- The supreme deity is called the creator and architect of the universe that is neither good nor evil.
- The practice of forgiveness
- A balance that exists within each person as "Order-Chaos."
- this balance is dependent upon the personal preferences and experiences as they relate to the individual's view of their deity.
- The affirmation of good and evil with the responsibility of fighting for good
- Defending the helpless and innocent.
- Recognition of individuals right to pursue their own "Gnosis" but not to injure others.
- Not to judge others without judging yourself first
- No discrimination as to membership in regard to "race, age, sex, and religion or philosophy."
As you will see there are significant religious overtones concerning God and man's nature. Of course, the Illuminati teachings contradict Scripture.
Symbols of the Illuminati
Conspiracy theorists say there are numerous symbols attributed to the Illuminati.
The All Seeing Eye which sits atop a Pyramid which symbolizes the elite in control of the masses."Annuit Coeptus" is Latin for "Announcing the Birth of" and "Novus Ordo Seculorum" means "New World Order.14
Other symbols attributed to the Illuminati are the Monarch butterfly since can metamorphose from a caterpillar. Therefore, it represents change. Also, the Owl which represents wisdom.
- 1. Maxwell, William (2014-01-14). Illuminati: The Illuminati Exposed - Find Out Exactly What The Illuminati Is and What You Can Do To Free Yourself (Illuminati, The Illuminati, Illuminati Exposed) (Kindle Location 121). John-Divino Talamayan. Kindle Edition.
- 2. Ref., G, A (2014-03-06). The Illuminati: comprehensive history of the order of Illuminati (Kindle Locations 837-851). Kindle Edition.
- 3. Maxwell, William, Kindle Locations 69-70.
- 4. G, A (2014-03-06). The Illuminati: comprehensive history of the order of Illuminati (Kindle Locations 135-145). Kindle Edition.
- 5. Ref. Maxwell, William, Kindle Location 70.
- 6. Freeman, Stella (2014-11-12). The Illuminati (Conspiracy Files) (Kindle Location 19). Kindle Edition.
- 7. Maxwell, William, Kindle Location 82
- 8. Freeman, Stella, Kindle Location 26
- 9. Maxwell, William, Kindle Location 73
- 10. (2014-06-23). Illuminati Exposed - The Truth About The Illuminati Finally Exposed (Illuminati Books, Conspiracy, Free Masons) (Kindle Location 82). Kindle Edition.
- 11. ibid, Exposed, Location 87
- 12. Reference, Exposed, Location 98
- 13. G, A (2014-03-06). The Illuminati: comprehensive history of the order of Illuminati (Kindle Location 240-). Kindle Edition.
- 14. G, A, comprehensive history, Kindle Locations 150-151.