Women pastors and elders . . . what does the Bible say--plenty. Though women are gifted and used of God, Scripture teaches us that the offices of pastor and elder are for men.
- Why this section on women in ministry?
- Where can the teaching of women ordination lead?
- Women pastors is not an essential doctrine, so why worry about it?
- Verses Examined in these articles
Issues and Answers
- The Elements of Liberalism
- Women pastors and a biblical worldview
- Should you leave a church if it adopts a woman pastor?
- Egalitarianism and Complementarianism, what's the difference?
- Dictionary of terms
- Various verses egalitarians misuse
- Denominations, women ordination, and other errors
- Women in Ministry Bibliography
- Genesis 2 and Adam and Eve and Authority
- Genesis 3, the Fall, and Adam and Eve's Sin. Eve was not ignorant
- The Ontological and Economic Trinity
- Is Adam our Federal Head?
Women Pastors and Elders - previously written articles
- The elder in the church
- 1 Tim. 2:12-13 and women pastors and elders.
- Should Women Be Pastors and Elders? video 1, 2
- A response to a paper arguing for women being pastors
- Another response to a paper arguing for women being pastors
1 Tim. 2:9-15
- Is "a woman" a specific individual Paul had in mind?
- Is "a woman" referring to wives as "a man" refers to husbands?
- Does "a woman" refer to all women as "a man" refers to all men?
- 1 Tim. 2:15, she, they, and salvation through child bearing
- The use of the phrase "a woman" in the entire New Testament
- The complementarian position splits the church into two camps
- Eve was deceived, Adam was not
- Genesis statement of Adam ruling over Eve is not God's perfect will
- Women subjection is part of the curse that is removed in salvation
- 1 Cor. 11:3, the word 'head' does not mean authority
- Only one verse prohibits women to teach men
- The term 'husband of one wife' applies to both men and women
- There were deaconesses, so there can be female pastors
- Why would God gift a woman to teach then forbid her to pastor?
- Is this a power play to suppress women?
- Was Junia in Romans 16:7 a female apostle in authority?
- Gal. 3:28 shows that women can be in ministry as pastors
- Not allowing women pastors is sexist