Roman Catholicism claims the authority of Christ through apostolic succession, a priesthood, and that it has the sole right to interpret Scripture. Yet, it clearly teaches things not taught in Scripture. In fact, it contradicts Scripture.
- Why is it Necessary to Write about Roman Catholicism? - video
- Dear Catholic, do you know for sure if you are going to heaven?
- Roman Catholic Terminology
- The Gospel for Roman Catholics
- Cut and Paste section on Roman Catholicism - for use in chat rooms
- Testimonies of ex-Roman Catholic priests
- Is Roman Catholicism and Christianity the same thing?
- The Roman Catholic view of the Roman Catholic Church
- A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church
- What is the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism?
- The Apocrypha: Is it scripture?
- Errors in the Apocrypha
- Reasons why the Apocrypha does not belong in the Bible
- 2 Maccabees 12:39-45 and Purgatory
Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Catechism of the Catholic Church, CARM Citation List
- The CCC paragraph 460 and becoming a god
- The CCC paragraphs 862, 883, 896, 939 and following the bishops no matter what
- The CCC paragraphs 2010, 2027, 2068 and gaining eternal life by works
- The church is not just an organization. It is the body of Christ
- Which of all the Protestants denominations is the correct church?
- Transubstantiation and the Real Presence
- Is the Lord's Supper a representation of the sacrifice?
- Transubstantiation and John 6:51-55
- Transubstantiation and Jesus' words at the last supper
- Transubstantiation and 1 Corinthians 10:16
- Transubstantiation and 1 Corinthians 11:27-29
- Did Justin Martyr Teach the Eucharist as a Propitiatory Sacrifice?
- Does the Didache Teach the Eucharist as a Propitiatory Sacrifice?
- Ignatius of Antioch and Transubstantiation
- Justin Martyr and Transubstantiation
- Clement of Alexandria and Transubstantiation
- Tertullian and Transubstantiation
- Did the Early Church Fathers all agree with the Catholic view of the Eucharist?
- Should Christians pray to God through images of Jesus, angels, and saints?
- The veneration of images and the biblical gospel
- Is the veneration of images an apostolic tradition?
- Is worship in the tabernacle a precedent for the veneration of images?
- Summary of Roman Catholic Teachings about Mary
- What are the four Marian Dogmas?
- Can Mary hear our prayers?
- The Exaltation of Mary
- Did Mary have other children?
- Mary's Virginity and Matt. 1:25
- Mary, full of grace, and Luke 1:28
- Mary as the subject of preaching and worship
- A Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Bodily Assumption of Mary
- Roman Catholicism, Mary, and Idolatry
- Is Rev. 12:1-2 about Mary as the Queen of Heaven?
- If Mary was sinless, why was she unclean and had to offer a sacrifice for sin?
- Is Mary the mother of God, theotokos?
- There is a logical fallacy in the argument that Mary is the mother of God
- What are the approved apparitions of Mary of the Roman Catholic Church?
- Do Catholics worship Mary?
- Roman Catholicism and comparing Mary to Jesus
- Roman Catholicism, Comparing Mary to God
- Mary, sacred tradition, and teachings not found in the Bible
- Is Peter the rock on which the Church is built?
- Is Peter supreme among the Apostles?
- Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Pope Pius XI
- Does Purgatory Deny the Sufficiency of Jesus' Sacrifice?
- Purgatory and 1 Cor. 3:15
- Purgatory and 2 Maccabees 12:39-45
- Summary of process of salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Attaining Salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Maintaining Salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Regaining Salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Does the Roman Catholic Church teach a false gospel?
- Can Roman Catholics be saved?
- Are Roman Catholics Christian? - video
- Are we saved by faith alone, or do we need works, too?
- Are Roman Catholics still under the Law and therefore lost?
- Council of Trent. Canons on Justification
- The Roman Catholic view on justification
- Response to criticism of The Roman Catholic view on justification.
- Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Pope Pius XI
- Does Matthew 25:31-46 teach that we must do good works to be saved?
- Does Romans 2:13 mean that we are justified before God by keeping the Law?
- Does Luke 10:25-28 teach that we receive eternal life by keeping the Law?
- Jesus and Sola Fide
- Is Jesus alone enough for salvation by faith in him?
Scripture and Tradition
- Roman Catholic Church's authority to interpret scripture violates scripture
- Dear Roman Catholic, who has the authority to interpret Scripture?
- Infallibility, Fallibility, and the Roman Catholic Church
- Roman Catholicism, the Bible, and Tradition
- Roman Catholicism, Sola Ecclesia, Tradition, and Romans 14
- Sola Scriptura: Is the Bible alone Sufficient?
- Are the Scriptures Sufficient?
- Did the Roman Catholic church give us our Bible?
- Tradition in the New Testament and 1 Cor. 11:2
- Tradition in the New Testament and 2 Thess. 2:15
- Tradition in the New Testament and 2 Thess. 3:6
- Does Sola Scriptura mean that all Protestants must agree on everything?
- Does 1 Timothy 3:15 refute sola scripture, Scripture Alone?
- Does 2 Peter 1:20 mean we can't interpret scripture on our own?
- How did the early church practice sola scriptura before the Bible existed?
- Do we need Church authority to properly interpret Scripture?
- Roman Catholic Apologist John S. Martignoni and Matthew 6:15
- Roman Catholic apologist John S Martignoni deals with Mary's atonement
- Roman Catholic Robert J Sledz' conversation with Matt Slick on Col. 2:14
- Church History Outline
- Roman Catholicism and the art of equivocation
- What is the stigmata?
- Comparison Grid between Catholicism and LDS and JW's
- Is the Catholic Catechism's view on the Muslim god wrong?
- Is praying to the saints, biblical? - video
- Why do Roman Catholics believe what they do?
- Sorcery in the Roman Catholic Church
- Questions for Roman Catholics about Jesus and forgiveness
- Does John 20:23 mean that Catholic priests can forgive sins?
- Does an unbroken history mean the Roman Catholic Church is true?
- Is the Roman Catholic Church the pillar of truth?
- What is the indefectibility of the Roman Catholic Church?
- What is the difference between strict merit, condign merit, incongruent merit in Roman Catholicism?
- Is Catholicism a true or false religion?
- If the Bible is a Catholic book, then why does the Bible contradict what it teaches?
- Does the Roman Catholic Church function as an idol to Catholics?
- If Catholicism true, where do we find its teachings in the early church?
- Does 1 Peter 2:5,9 imply that churches should have priests?
- Are Protestant teachings found in the early church?
- Does Acts 9:40 support praying to dead saints?
Questions for Roman Catholics
- Questions for Roman Catholics
- Questions for Roman Catholics about the Saints hearing our prayers
- Questions for Roman Catholics about Mary
- Questions for Roman Catholics on Sacred Tradition
- Matt. 1:25, Mary's Virginity and Matt. 1:25
- Matt. 16:18, Is Peter the rock on which the Church is built?
- Matt. 19:16-22, Keeping the commandments to be saved.
- Matt. 25:31-46, Does Matthew 25:31-46 teach that we must do good works to be saved?
- Matt. 26:28, Transubstantiation and the Real Presence
- Luke 1:28, Mary, full of grace, and Luke 1:28
- Luke 10:25-28, Does Luke 10:25-28 teach that we receive eternal life by keeping the Law?
- John 6:51-55, Does John 6:51-55 teach transubstantiation?
- John 20:23, Does John 20:23 mean that Catholic priests can forgive sins?
- Rom. 2:13, Does Romans 2:13 mean that we are justified before God by keeping the Law?
- 1 Cor. 3:15, Purgatory and 1 Cor. 3:15
- 1 Cor. 10:16, Is Transubstantiation taught in 1 Corinthians 10:16?
- 1 Cor. 11:2, Tradition in the New Testament and 1 Cor. 11:2
- 2 Thess. 2:15, Tradition in the New Testament and 2 Thess. 2:15
- 2 Thess. 3:6, Tradition in the New Testament and 2 Thess. 3:6
- Rev. 12:1-2, Is Rev. 12:1-2 about Mary as the Queen of Heaven?
Emails, Social Media, and Responses
- The teaching authority of the church is firmly rooted in sacred scripture
- Matt Slick asked a Catholic Facebook group about why he's against their church
- A response to biblechristiansociety.com, the Catholc John Martignoni, regarding Matt Slick