Atheism is a lack of belief in any God and deities as well as a total denial of the existence of any god. It is a growing movement that is becoming more aggressive, more demanding, and less tolerant of anything other than itself - as is exemplified by
its adherents. Is atheism a sound philosophical system as a worldview or is it ultimately self-defeating? Is the requirement of empirical evidence for God a mistake in logic or is it a fair demand? Can we prove that God exists or is that impossible? Find
out more about atheism, its arguments, and its problems here at CARM. Learn how to deal with the arguments raised against the existence of God that seek to replace Him with naturalism, materialism, and moral relativism.
- What is atheism?
- Are there different kinds of atheists?
- What is agnosticism?
- What is secularism?
- Terms and definitions
- Can atheists be ethical?
- Can atheists know right from wrong?
- Christian terms atheists should be aware of
- Questions for Atheists
- Questions for Atheists, part 2
- Questions for atheists based on the morality of reducing harm
- An examination of atheism’s truth claims
- Is atheism viable?
- The failure of atheism to account for existence - video
- The failure of atheism to account for morality - video
- The failure of atheism to account for rationality - video
- What militant atheism and Islam have in common
- Atheists err when asking for material evidence to prove God's existence
- What kind of evidence should we expect from a transcendent God?
- Materialistic atheism is self-refuting
- Naturalism is self-refuting
Issues and Answers
- Things atheists should consider when debating Christians
- Do the laws of logic contradict miracles? - video
- Atheists, you won't find God that way - video
- A question for atheists regarding free will and rationality - video
- Mistakes Christians make when dialoguing with atheists.
- Mistakes atheists make when dialoguing with Christians.
- Is atheism the default position?
- Is atheism a worldview?
- Response to criticism of "Is atheism viable?"
- Another response to criticism of "Is atheism viable?"
- Second response to criticism of "Is atheism viable?"
- "I lack belief in a god."
- Response to criticism of "I lack belief in God."
- Another response to criticism of "I lack belief in God."
- Additional response to criticism of "Lack of belief" and "Is atheism viable?"
- "Lack of belief" analysis outline
- Does atheism just mean lacking belief in God?
- Answers to positions held by atheists
- Response to "Answers to positions held by atheists"
- Response to "Response to answers to positions held by atheists"
- Response to answers from an atheist about God
- Logical fallacies or fallacies in argumentation
- Looking at Whitney Houston’s death through atheist eyes
- A big problem with atheism and morality
- Do atheists hate God?
- Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?
- Is reason the basis of faith or faith the basis of reason?
- Why is it necessary to appeal to God for objective morals?
- Addressing Epicurus' quote about God willing to prevent evil
- Are babies born atheists?
- What is the Athyphro Dilemma?
- Is empathy the proper basis for morality?
- What is a freethinker?
- Why are atheists hated?
Arguments Against God's Existence
- Argument against God's existence from the impossibility of atemporal mind(s)
- Argument against God's existence from unnecessary suffering
- Argument against God's existence from the impossibility of omniscience and free will
- Argument from the impossibility of perfect knowledge of the future and free will
- Argument against God's existence from the existence of an inefficient universe
- Argument against God's existence from the impossibility of an immutable creator
- Argument against God's existence from God's love and reasonable non-belief
- Argument against God's existence using location outside of the universe
- Argument against God's existence by asking God a question
Arguments Against Christianity
Answering Atheist's Objections
- Atheism and the multiverse
- A perfect god would not need to create anything
- Concerning atheist attacks on Theism
- I don't see any convincing evidence for the existence of God
- I have not seen convincing evidence for God's existence
- Can God make a rock so big that He can't pick it up?
- God cannot exist because His attributes would require limits
- There is no proof that God exists
- If God is unchanging, why does the world change if it reveals God?
- Only atheism offers a predictable universe
- All of reality and God's existence
- If God exists, then...
- If God is infinitely good, then...
- Any entity that is not the source of all power within reality is not God
- If everything needs a creator, then who or what created God?
- Who made God? Crashing Richard Dawkins’s Boeing 747
- Lawrence Krauss and the atheist definition of nothing
- How can something that cannot be described be said to exist?
- Why do you believe in Jesus but not Santa Claus?
- Why believe in Christianity over all other religions?
- Debunking the idea of a just deity
- Religion precludes ethics
- Answering the transcendental argument for the nonexistence of God
- Atheists say that prayer does not work.
- Questions for Christians from an atheist
- How do you know the God of the Bible is real and not fiction?
- How does Christianity define God's essence?
- Atheism, Adam and Eve, and Suffering
Responses to GodisImaginary.com
- Reason #1: Try Praying
- Reason #2: Statistically Analyze Prayer
- Reason #3: Look at all historical gods
- Christian morality is based on might makes right.
- Questions for Atheists on Having a Standard of Morality - video
- Questions for Atheists on Morality Being Based on Reducing Harm - video
- Are there such things as moral absolutes (moral nihilism) or is nothing by nature good or bad?
- Is it always wrong for anyone to torture babies to death merely for their personal pleasure?
- The atheists' moral complaints about God are not valid
- The 33rd annual atheist convention
- The Religion of Atheism
- The Rational Response Squad: method over substance
- aarm Atheist Apologetics and Research Ministry
- Atheist Ten Commandments
- JT Eberhard speaks on relating to the religious in a positive way, Boise State Campus
- Why is atheism and nonbelief on the rise?
- Matt Slick at the 2016 Reason Rally, Washington, DC
Arguments for the Existence of God
- Entropy and causality used as a proof for God's existence
- Atheism, the Universe, and Purpose
- The Christian Worldview, the Atheist Worldview, and Logic
- The transcendental argument for the existence of God
- An answer to a refutation of the Transcendental Argument
- An answer to another response to the Transcendental Argument
- A response to a third and fourth attempt to refute the Transcendental Argument
Dialogues with Atheists
- An atheist says that there is no evidence for God.
- An atheist who says that he knows there is no God.
- Sickness as an argument against God's existence.
- Evidence of evil as support for atheism
- Discussion on logical absolutes as a proof for God's existence.
- Response to TheoreticalBS's video Part 1, Part 2
- A question for atheists regarding free will and rationality - video
- Debate between Matt Slick and Edwin Kagin on "Does God Exist?"
- Debate between Matt Slick and Dan Barker on "Is there reason to be good without God?"
- The Debate that almost was: Matt Slick and Dan Barker cancelled at Boise State U.
- Debate between Matt Slick and Dan Barker on "Does God Exist?" at Madison, Wisconsin"
- Debate between Matt Slick and Eddie Tabash on "Does God Exist?"
- Is Atheism True?
- Atheism and morality First Debate
- Atheism and Morality Second Debate
- First Round Atheist's 1st post, Matt's 1st response,
- Second Round Atheist's post, Matt's response
- Third Round Atheist's post, Matt's response
- Fourth Round Atheist's post, Matt's response
- Fifth Round Atheist's post, Matt's response, part A & part B
- Sixth Round Atheist's post, Matt's response
- Seventh Round Atheist's post, Matt's response
- Eighth Round Atheist's post, Matt's response
- Challenge to Idaho humanists from Matt Slick